Sonic Electronix

So ive decided i wanna do 12 10's in a clamshell style wall and from what ive come up with is that i wont have enough room to make it ported so should i jus go ahead and make it sealed?

2000 stratus10 SunDown E-10s

Singer 250amp Alt

Xs Power D975Concept c2400All 0 gauge wire10 6 1/2's in Rear Doors

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Check this build out .. He stuffed this into a honda!!!

http://www.stevemead...dc-10s-updated/

^ YEP! That is how it is done, especially when space is at a premium.

Its gonna be a challenge for me lol. I just dont know how to tune it myself

Clamshells are a bit of Voodoo when it comes to tuning. What I found with my clamshell wall is that they tune lower than you would think. The angle of the subs and the way they play off of each other helps them with loading. The enclosure on a proper clamshell doesn't have to be as large as a normal ported box either. And the port on mine is much shorter than it "should" be if it were a ported box. It is only 4" long- and tunes on paper or by program much higher than it actually is. I believe that the mouth of the clamshell actually behaves as a variable tuned port depending on frequency. It is pretty cool stuff but sad to say, you won't know until you take the chance and build it. You can check out my build as well for what I came up with, but it is pretty much what I just told you ^ right there.

I know wood and time aren't cheap, but they are fun enclosures- and hey, you can build it ported and if it is tuned too high, just seal off the port. Clamshell Enclosures have a great wow factor and are great for daily and demo setups. Best of luck and have fun!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Well when i did the math i came up with around 4cubes on the top and same for the bottom and sundown suggests around 1 cube ported but .5 for sealed but i mean i wont ever know untill i try it

2000 stratus10 SunDown E-10s

Singer 250amp Alt

Xs Power D975Concept c2400All 0 gauge wire10 6 1/2's in Rear Doors

Archived