Sonic Electronix

Thinking About Building Som Pa Speakers

I was thinken about maken some nice loud PA Speakers. I had a few questions. What would work better, a sealed or vented box? and was thinken about doing 1 15" sub or maby 1 18" sub in each along with a horn tweater. Maby get somethen in there for the mids. Also would have to make a good crossover or maby buy one. Anyone got any ideas on what i should do. I really want these things to boom even if there outside in the middle of no where.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

I was thinken about maken some nice loud PA Speakers. I had a few questions. What would work better, a sealed or vented box? and was thinken about doing 1 15" sub or maby 1 18" sub in each along with a horn tweater. Maby get somethen in there for the mids. Also would have to make a good crossover or maby buy one. Anyone got any ideas on what i should do. I really want these things to boom even if there outside in the middle of no where.

So you wanna make your own boxes and such? Wouldnt a pre fab with build in horn and crossover be better anyway?

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Building your own Pa system is a really nice way of getting what you want in a sound system, However is more dependent on a good design. Google some pa speaker designs and see which type will fits your needs.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

So you wanna make your own boxes and such? Wouldnt a pre fab with build in horn and crossover be better anyway?

Where could i look at pre fabed ones? The only place i know of is Partsexpress.com and they really dint have to much of a selection.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

Here is a few plans for Selenium PA speakers.

http://www.iakn.com/prosound/enlcosures.html

I've built a few of these plans.

Find something that fits your needs and tastes.

Prefab boxes are ok if you like prefab sound ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well i just bought some 2 pa custom built speakers loaded with a 15" kicker and a horn in each. going to pick them up sat. depending on how they sound i will probly still make another set and sell these. i want somethen that will really bang!!! i got a 2400 watt amp layen around that i want to put to good use, or maby 2 of them.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

Archived