My Operating System Won't Boot.

All of these are correct ways to clear CMOS. I had the exact same problem with my laptop last week... it would POST and everything, I would go into BIOS and it would show that my hdd was there and everything, but after POST it would have a little white line in the upper left hand corner and it would flash for a random amount of time, then it would give the same error "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

Eventually I kept turning the damn thing on and off till it would load XP (took about an hour to boot after I got the loading XP screen to pop up) and I went into admin tools and checked to see if there were any errors, well turns out there were like twenty some errors since a certain date, so I system restored back to early december. I am not going to say that it fixed everything, but it does allow me to boot up in windows everytime, it still takes like 30 min to load everything up though....

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

All of these are correct ways to clear CMOS. I had the exact same problem with my laptop last week... it would POST and everything, I would go into BIOS and it would show that my hdd was there and everything, but after POST it would have a little white line in the upper left hand corner and it would flash for a random amount of time, then it would give the same error "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

Eventually I kept turning the damn thing on and off till it would load XP (took about an hour to boot after I got the loading XP screen to pop up) and I went into admin tools and checked to see if there were any errors, well turns out there were like twenty some errors since a certain date, so I system restored back to early december. I am not going to say that it fixed everything, but it does allow me to boot up in windows everytime, it still takes like 30 min to load everything up though....

we did a memory test, 1 ram disk cleared it, the other one didnt clear all of the tests. MY bro says my motherboard is fucked. Im bringing it in to school Thursday and we will find out the exact cause of the problem. Computer boots, but when trying to load the O/S from the CD keep getting errors.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19