My Operating System Won't Boot.

Hey, Twigz here "Again" I reinstalled my OS couple days ago, and everything was fine, shut off my computer last night and turned it on this morning to see that it shut down incorrectly, and got a message saying "Safe Mode, Safe Mode With Network, Start it up Normally, ect. Well, the timer starts from 30 and goes to 0, when ever I would hit enter it would just freeze. Tried booting it in safe mode, still froze. Something isn't loading. When I turn on the computer the monitors light will go from green to orange, to green again and you'll hear the one BEEP which is POST Power ON Self Test . I wen't into my settings and all of the IDE was disabled, so I enabled them, now when I turn on the computer I get cannot boot from disk device, please enter device and press enter. I don't have a floppy drive and the OS CD, is stuck in the DVD drive, it literally somehow fell out, and got stuck underneath the it it won't even open up half way. I checked to see if the video card was in, the ram was loose, everythings in place, can anyone help? Also, I can't get back into the Setup mode either I 4get the command, or it just won't let me. I think it's F2.

any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

I also found out when it's loading, this shows up.

Sec Master Disk : None

Sec Slave Disk : None

Verifying DMI Pool Data......................................

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Hey, Twigz here "Again" I reinstalled my OS couple days ago, and everything was fine, shut off my computer last night and turned it on this morning to see that it shut down incorrectly, and got a message saying "Safe Mode, Safe Mode With Network, Start it up Normally, ect. Well, the timer starts from 30 and goes to 0, when ever I would hit enter it would just freeze. Tried booting it in safe mode, still froze. Something isn't loading. When I turn on the computer the monitors light will go from green to orange, to green again and you'll hear the one BEEP which is POST Power ON Self Test . I wen't into my settings and all of the IDE was disabled, so I enabled them, now when I turn on the computer I get cannot boot from disk device, please enter device and press enter. I don't have a floppy drive and the OS CD, is stuck in the DVD drive, it literally somehow fell out, and got stuck underneath the it it won't even open up half way. I checked to see if the video card was in, the ram was loose, everythings in place, can anyone help? Also, I can't get back into the Setup mode either I 4get the command, or it just won't let me. I think it's F2.

any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

I also found out when it's loading, this shows up.

Sec Master Disk : None

Sec Slave Disk : None

Verifying DMI Pool Data......................................

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

i would try eraseing and reformatting your hard drive and start over

if that doesnt work it kinda sould like you might wanna try a new harddrive

floppy/flash drive/usb drive with storage taken out? sounds kinda dumb and simple, but on mine, if i got my ipod plugged in, or a flash drive or memory card from my phone, it wont boot. and says verifying DMI pool data. did it just a second ago and had to unplug my ipod. other than that i dno

Most computers use the "delete" key to enter bios.

Id enter bios, and restore all default settings.

The computer won't even turn on anymore.

The power cord being plugged in you see the light turn on in the motherboard, but nothing else works.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

there is a hard reset. theres normally a jumper that you move to another pin for 10 seconds, i would look at your manual, if you dont have a manul carefully inspect the mobo for a little two prong jumped on a set of 3 prongs. switch it to other side for 10 seconds then swithc it back. should reset your bios to factory

there is a hard reset. theres normally a jumper that you move to another pin for 10 seconds, i would look at your manual, if you dont have a manul carefully inspect the mobo for a little two prong jumped on a set of 3 prongs. switch it to other side for 10 seconds then swithc it back. should reset your bios to factory

ah, I remember doing that in Pc Trouble shooting, well im gonna bring it in to the school next week and have my Instructor/His students figure out what's wrong with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Yea, its a jumper to restore default cmos settings. Its usally in the lower right hand corner of the mobo, near the battery.

You can also take out that battery, unplug the computer, and then hit the power button.

Unplugging it, and taking out the battery, and trying to turn it on will drain any extra juice that maybe left in the capaciters and what not. usally this will do the same as clearing cmos.