Sundown Audio

Amp Help

Guest Nismofreak

Guest Nismofreak

k need some help

how to tune you amp correctly

How do you set the Low pass filter, freq, and sub sonic and please please explain how to because I never understood it in a way...

I wanna set my subs up perfectly for them to sound perfect

Edited by Nismofreak

i am assuming this is a subwoofer amp

if you listen to rap, lpf(low pass filter/crossover) @80hz 12db slope

if you listen to more rock set it @ 100hz 12db slope

----- this keeps notes higher than __hz from being played by subs(the higher the slope the better integration with midbass speakers)

set subsonic filter 5-10hz below the tune frequency of ur ported box/or if sealed its not needed

-----this keeps notes lower than __hz from being played by subs (usually causing overexcursion)

ultimately the higher the slope the better

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

k need some help

how to tune you amp correctly

How do you set the Low pass filter, freq, and sub sonic and please please explain how to because I never understood it in a way...

I wanna set my subs up perfectly for them to sound perfect

Well im no expert but heres what i do

1. Set low pass at or a little below what your subs highest freq responce is. Most subs ae around 80 to 100 Hz

2. Turn the subsonic on, if you have a feq adjustment for that as well (most amps do) set it about 10 Hz lower that your box tunning

3. Any gains and bass boost you can do my ear, or use a dmm or scope

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

The Low pass filter blocks out frequencies above a certain point, the frequency is more then likely the adjustment for the cut off point for the filter (in hz), and the subsonic filter blocks out frequencies below a certain point. On my T2K1, the LPF is on and set at 70hz, and the subsonic filter is on.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

k so my box it tunned to 30 hz

lpf at 80

and the freq around 20 right?

sorry but this is the thing I suck at lol

Yea, low pass at 80 is fine, and subsonic/istronic filter set at 20 or 25 hz should be fine....The low pass dosent "block" out freq above, rather it "slopes" them. If its a 12 Db/ocvate it cuts the signal by 12db every 8 notes or hertz. So even set at 80, the sub would still play say 100 hz, just not nearly as loud as if it was at say 50 hz....Now the subsonic does "block" freq lower that what its set at, to prevent damage to the sub.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

you may know how, but in my sig, the RMS chart shows what output voltage you should get according to the RMS rating of the amp with the given load.

and...with the subsonic set at about 25, can that enable a song like 'bass, i love you' to be played loud? without it bottoming out. cuz i know it has the potential to do sub damage