Best 6.5 comp

frankbe

What is the best 6.5 comp under $300 I want goood mid bass. I was thinking that since I have my fanatic comp (which are gonna die soon :'() What is the best cross over setting for good mid bass high or full I have mine on high at 200hz I was thinking going to full I just want good mid bass and the right freq to do this.

high pass set at 50hz. and your not going to get "good" mid-bass out of a comp set. you need dedicated mid's...

You can get ok mid bass with a nice set of focals for that price. and use lots of sound deadener. seal her up good.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

high????????????  you must have meant low.. and no its not. and the ohm load means nothing to a speaker. (for the most part)

more power the better, I had 300rms to each before. AND LOVED IT

Now I run 120rms each. All day long.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Not to be mean but I really didnt care if it seemed right to you...  :^

setting them at 200 and your missing all the warmth. hell i run full range on mine, active cut at 35hz. does that sound wrong to you??

well yeah i had mine at 90 hz and they sound horrible at 1/2 volume and the gain 1/4 up so I set my highs at 200hz gain 3/4 and my system will ring anybodys bell at high volume ;) Well thanx for all the advice I appreciate I did not mean to sound like an a$$ but I been there and done that so I was just hoping for a lil dif response but all gravy what kinda speakers do you have?

focal,...  :^ :^ sq will be lost  when you turn the crossover up thast high. but you will gain overall volume.

your crossover could be shit also.