Sundown Audio

Choosing a 5/6 channel amplifier

79Bronco

My favo would be the Audison, but you can blame that on brandhugging as I didn't hear this particular amp. Helix comes to my mind aswell.

The suggestion of 2 seperate amps is a smart one in case of future upgrade paths. I have a six channel amp and am very happy, but make sure you don't feel the urge to upgrade afterwards, as that would mean selling an amp that's not really hot on the market.

I love Audsion/Hertz, and think that they are a great company, no doubt.

I wish they sold an amp that was in my budget. As far as getting multiple amps, this is just going to be for a front stage. 2 tweets, 2 4"s, 2 6.5's. I will probably wind up getting another 2/4 channel for the rear, and I just don't have the room for four amps (already have a sub amp)

So can anyone beat the soundstream for the money? I'm getting paid this weekend, and if nobody can chime in with a reasonably priced amp, I'll be pulling the trigger on that one. I'm not at all opposed to buying used either, so if anyone knows of any good deals, don't be shy ;)

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

I still don't understand completely why you'd go full active, but that's a personal choice. I've gone full active in the past with Scanspeak tweeters & Focal Utopia mids, but went back to a good compo with accompaning passive fitration. Way easier to set-up as the cut-off frequency is correctly matched.

For a 6channel amp I'd say check second hand market, 6 channel amps tend to lose quite some value. The soundstream is not a bad choice eather.

Good luck & lot's of fun!

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

My favo would be the Audison, but you can blame that on brandhugging as I didn't hear this particular amp. Helix comes to my mind aswell.

The suggestion of 2 seperate amps is a smart one in case of future upgrade paths. I have a six channel amp and am very happy, but make sure you don't feel the urge to upgrade afterwards, as that would mean selling an amp that's not really hot on the market.

I wish they sold an amp that was in my budget. As far as getting multiple amps, this is just going to be for a front stage. 2 tweets, 2 4"s, 2 6.5's. I will probably wind up getting another 2/4 channel for the rear, and I just don't have the room for four amps (already have a sub amp)

So can anyone beat the soundstream for the money? I'm getting paid this weekend, and if nobody can chime in with a reasonably priced amp, I'll be pulling the trigger on that one. I'm not at all opposed to buying used either, so if anyone knows of any good deals, don't be shy ;)

Get a shitload of those amps http://www.ebay.com/itm/300785577652?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

LOL the Leviathan is over the use and a class D amp, class D and SQ :rofl2: .

Class AB sound´s much better than the never fat and warm class D technic amps.

If you want a SQ 6 channel here you are http://www.trutechno...om/products.htm.

Another option!

If you can find a used one http://www.ebay.com/...=item20cc049156. I stay to my guesses, for your budget you will have alot of fun with one of them.

You'll open a can of worms saying that....

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived