Sonic Electronix

Well I may not be getting the hoe I was wanting to get and may instead be getting another Silverado quad cab or ext. cab. I'm getting 4 15s and haven't had any experience with blow throughs and how they sound in comparison to a wall. Which would be better for a daily driver/spl/ground pounder? I do like the backseat but I've gone without before (now!) haha. Also would 4 15s work well in a blow through or would 4 12s be better because you can get them up close and personal to the cab?

Well I may not be getting the hoe I was wanting to get and may instead be getting another Silverado quad cab or ext. cab. I'm getting 4 15s and haven't had any experience with blow throughs and how they sound in comparison to a wall. Which would be better for a daily driver/spl/ground pounder? I do like the backseat but I've gone without before (now!) haha. Also would 4 15s work well in a blow through or would 4 12s be better because you can get them up close and personal to the cab?

It depends on how big of an enclosure your subs need. a wall would definately be louder for obvious reasons, and a wall would be easier to build imo. Blowthroughs are cool though, but only try one if you dont have a problem cutting up your truck.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

yeah, i wouldnt wanna do a blow through if you werent confident in choppin up your new truck

Don't matter to me, it's gonna be done right no matter what way I go. Gonna rip everything out when I first get it to dynamat the thing anyways. Drop kits and all that jazz. I've never heard a blow through though and am weary on trying one out.

pffft dont listen to them...new truck...pfft

haha j/p

a wall you will get MUCH louder but i love blow thrus because you can still carry people in the back seat AND still have the bass. 12 MAY be better to go with due to the fact 15s require a LOT of air space and with the set up it may be hard to fill that requirement. (ive learned first hand) for DD the blow thru for SPL wall

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

pffft dont listen to them...new truck...pfft

haha j/p

a wall you will get MUCH louder but i love blow thrus because you can still carry people in the back seat AND still have the bass. 12 MAY be better to go with due to the fact 15s require a LOT of air space and with the set up it may be hard to fill that requirement. (ive learned first hand) for DD the blow thru for SPL wall

so you lose a lot of dbs going with a blow through . . . even if done with the subs lined up and aimed in the cab?