its so off and on

Also, depends on others. I know if your paying for service, better get what your paying for. Well, in a sense, think of it like a car audio system on the electrical. Only so much output can be delivered by the ISP. Cord only allows for so much output (which is a shitload actually), but if you live by a lot of people, you're splitting up all that output from the ISP. Hence why speeds actually do vary based on time of day and how many people are using their internet. More users, more activity = slower speeds for everyone. So although you may live in a house and you're the only person using the internet, the houses next to you may be eating up some of the internet speed from you.

Sure, shouldn't cause you to go from 3mb/s to .15mb/s... unless the ISP has shit ass cords in the ground. I could see a different of maybe 1 mb/s for amount of users/activity. But from 3 to .15? Idk man. I'd hate for you to buy a router and nothing changes. With that slow of net (up to what, like 5mb/s?) unless it's different technology, really don't see the modem would be the problem. But could always buy a modem, try it, if it doesn't work to speed it up? Return it.

Sheena = pedobear

well its only been as of the last two weeks its gone to shit which leads me to believe its the modem.... unless some mole came along and disturbed my line????

but like I said its working fairly well today not great but good enough to post on here for the most part.....

I still think its the cheap ass modem

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

they are due to get here in the next hr or so so thats what I have planned.... just pisses me off they cant get a good modem to supply theyre customers

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Eh, all things fuck up. Nothing in technology works fine. I mean it's built to be perfect but never is. My modem does wifi, sweet right? Nah, bout once a week... it "locks up". Gotta unplug it and plug back in. Then works perfectly fine. Why? No idea. Stupid. So you said it worked fine til like 2 weeks ago... maybe it just took a shit then. Needs replaced.

Sheena = pedobear

cable guy is here now testing the lines he even said the shit is too slow

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

came out and we were hooked into a 8 way splitter?!?! WTF

2242202743.png

MUCH BETTER!gave us a dedicated line!

test 2

2242202743.png

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

nice! I pay for an upgraded comcast since it's part of their bundle... I get horrible upload speed on my desktop.... Post image in a second....

2242525526.png

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived