My home theater setup and response !

Hello

these are picture of a professionaly done setup with acoustic treatement it is my system

i have done many high end setup like this i have been doing this for over 10 years now

the accoustic treatement started during the custruction with an accoustic floor it consisted of 1 inch of foam 1 inch of air in bettwen

the foam and the plywood wich where connected together using a piece of wood of 1 inch

it was also secured using tapcon every 6 inches drilled in the cement

also the floor does not touch the walls it as a gap to minimize vibration true out the room

the room is double dry walled with about a screw every 3 inch

keep in mind i was setting up the system wen i took these so alot as changed i now have treatment in bettwen the back of the chairs to the rear wall where there was a reflection point

also another think to keep in mind the treatment wasnt just trown on

the room was measure at many point then i evaluated the room repsons and did treatment according to the problematic frequency loocking at the frequency response and the watter plot falls for decay time

you will see surounds besides the rack in the back these where just temporary solution and you will also noticed that the front where angled in on there tripod i was listeening for soundstage

the setup is as follow

DHC-80.3

oppo bdp 95 with the sabre dac

adcom gfa 7807 Pictured replaced with wyred for sound MC7x500 runing in 4 ohm @ 1100 watts rms x7

front speakers are 7 jtr triple 8 ht its not a coax :P its a compression driver that uses a midrange as a wave guide very very dynamic!

subs is 2 Captivator 2011 with the 4000 watts rms amps in them (7200 burst) each

projector benQ dlp w6000 pictured the bracket ripped from the bass and it fell! replaced with epson 8500 with a chiefe mount that is sitting

on 2 laminated hdf piece of wood screwed in directly to the floor joice lol! i can see the image vibrate some time but it as not fallen yet :D

we also did a custom electrical job in this we have a panel of 100 amp going to this room and it is grounded to the cold water pipe for a pitch black backround

very important since my mains are 98db effiecency with 1 watt!

all in all its a great system i lost count of how mutch money i put in this id rather not sit down and sum it up lol

i did a recent come back in car audio i spent like 12 hr a day in my truck so i could not live with cheap sound

we are doing a sql setup i will start a new post in the ride section!

system11.th.jpg

system10.th.jpg

system9.th.jpg

system8.th.jpg

system7.th.jpg

system6.th.jpg

system5.th.jpg

system4r.th.jpg

system3.th.jpg

system2i.th.jpg

system1f.th.jpg

idlew1ld the French Frog !

Ohhh...what the f.....?

Now thats a home theater!!!

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Thatnks !

I put alot of time and money into doign it

I build one wen i was learning and re did it all i also studied this many years to aquire the proper knowledge

For constructin a room like that and accoustic property of material

It as incredible extension amazing controle and the soundstage is amazing ;)

got damn it thats nice. i almost bought some KEF blade towers the other day but damn it that price tag is up there

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Honestly knowledge i heard some of the most high end kef in the last few years

They make a nice speaker but i would not look into home audio i i where you

Most of these high end speakers are very low efficency and what that does it it removes alot of the dynamic

Present in the music because they compress

You cannot hear a speaker compressing and it is just a down side of such a design (small driver & low efficency)

Keep in mind that the dynamics of a system is the second thing Most important After the tonality and it is the factor that

Is making you beleive that ur right there in the music

If you are going to spend that kind of oney I would look into jbl systhesis array 1400 model or some jtr stuff or even danley lab

If u have adequate space for them

Keep in mind most of these speaker will need some sort of eqing done in a regular home enviroment

But imo if you decide to put the effort in it the end result is amazing !

great info man ill look into the ones u mentioned

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Very impressive setup, movies and video games must be epic on it

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

What is nice about his is it double as a dedicated theater room and a dedicated music room

I have a flat setting to be used in movie since the movie industry all use the x curve compensation directly in there mix

And i have a setting eq for music with a house curve in it because they are no set standard for mix in the music industrie

The thing about having a setup like this is once you live the experince u are ruined for life!

You cant live without it and now that iam doing a sql setup in my truck it is getting out of hand

And i want nothing but something close to that

It ends up beign a very big project i will post picture of my sql setup soon!

Archived