Sonic Electronix

crunch :lol: not that good

actually i think you would be quite surprised at the output of this amp, sometimes you cant base a product just by its name ;)

Edited by NotoriouslyLoud

I am not familiar with the PZI series of Crunch amps, but I do know that they list the output wattage in dynamic ratings on this amp. Went to the site. The Ground Pounder series is a different story. I read a review on the GP3000 and it actually does its rated power plus a little. I would say try it with your gain set right and see how they react. I bet they can handle it. Kicker has made good speakers in the past and I am sure they still do.

Really? I have yet to come across a Crunch GP3000 yet. Do you think this amp would do well for my two 15 L7s?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Yeah, when compared to Rockford Fosgate, Jl, or kicker they are not that good but for the money I would say they are the best amp you can get at the cheapest price. If you look at my signiture you see that I have one too. It's not as bad as you think. They actually kind of push my L7s lol. That's why I need to get a better amp. :(

Agree, I have the power acoustik 2400 and had a crunch high amp and loved the crunch and power acoustik amps. Have a 200x4 for highs and the pa2400ab subs

Edited by PaulO2288

ported... im having a box made for them

be sure, if it has one, to have the SSF on, set the gain with a DMM, check and double check, listen for problems since you are running that much power, ported, daily...

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Really? I have yet to come across a Crunch GP3000 yet. Do you think this amp would do well for my two 15 L7s?

Well I had a copy of a recent Car audio magazine and they tested the Gp 3000 and it performed above its rated power. It actually tested over 3000 watts @ 1 ohm if I remember correctly and at ever ohm load above 1 ohm it performed better than its rated power. So it tested well, looked like a strong amp on the inside. I do know that those Kicker subs are nice subs. in a ported box set to specs they pound hard. My buddy had a 2004 L7 in his S-10 in a ported box set to specifications and it would rock. I can't remember which amp he had on it, but it jammed.

Well I had a copy of a recent Car audio magazine and they tested the Gp 3000 and it performed above its rated power. It actually tested over 3000 watts @ 1 ohm if I remember correctly and at ever ohm load above 1 ohm it performed better than its rated power. So it tested well, looked like a strong amp on the inside. I do know that those Kicker subs are nice subs. in a ported box set to specs they pound hard. My buddy had a 2004 L7 in his S-10 in a ported box set to specifications and it would rock. I can't remember which amp he had on it, but it jammed.

Sweet, this sounds like an amp I might want to get.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings