Bags in place of coilover spring??

Ok so here's the deal. I'm hoping some of you air ride guru's can give me a hand. I have an 06 Honda Civic Ex and I currently have Buddy Club N+ Spec coilovers (version 1). I've been interested in bagging my civic for some time, but having sunk the money into the coilovers I decided I'd wait till those started going bad. Well they seam to be getting there.

So I'm wondering, if anyone knows, if I could do a standard bag in the place of my springs on my front dampers. How much work would it be, and what would someone charge to do this for me if there is anyone on here that would.

These are the one you can buy for my car, but they're pretty pricey: AirRex Engineered Air Suspension

And these are my coilovers:

DSC02456-1.jpg

They're basically the same thing it looks like to me, except one has a spring on it, and the other has a bag where the spring goes. Seems like it wouldn't be too tough to do.

I would appreciate any help guys! Thanks!

i dont know much about bags, but on my scion they run 2-4k installed depending on how legit they are. I also heard some come with life time guarantees!

I'm most likely going to go with bags instead of coilovers

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Ya I'd love to have a brand new set, but I'm not sure I can afford it. I'll be installing them myself too, so that'll save some cash on the other end as well. But I have the coils already, so if I can convert them to bags, it'll be the cheapest way to go.

I've seen a civic with these, the AirRex bags, on it. IT was the full set up though from them. If I can get away with doing this a little more on the inexpensive, I'd be happy. I don't wanna go cheap, but at the same time, I don't wanna get crazy either.

Yeah unfortunately cheap bags is still like 1 grand for a used system. I'd ask on civic forums thats where I get my information on my scion (yoursciontc.com)

they know exactly what bags to get, how to install, what camber to set, etc etc

Scion tC SQ Build

ya that's one of the civic's I've seen on there. Also James's 2009 is pretty sick too. He's going to text me over some pictures of his set up. I'm talking with him now.

This is what I was thinking of, and I'll email them, but I don't see why this won't work unless the bag is too wide. But I don't know if it's any wider than the AirRex's, at least they don't seem so.

Air Over Threaded Brackets and then these Universal Air Suspension Aero Sport Bags So if something like this works, then I may be in business. Just would have to piece it all together and do some work!!

ya that's one of the civic's I've seen on there. Also James's 2009 is pretty sick too. He's going to text me over some pictures of his set up. I'm talking with him now.

This is what I was thinking of, and I'll email them, but I don't see why this won't work unless the bag is too wide. But I don't know if it's any wider than the AirRex's, at least they don't seem so.

Air Over Threaded Brackets and then these Universal Air Suspension Aero Sport Bags So if something like this works, then I may be in business. Just would have to piece it all together and do some work!!

thats clean. makes me want to get coils and do the same. they have about 2 inches lowering? or is it 4

Scion tC SQ Build

Archived