Help me out, I don't know what the hell is going on.

Hope this is the right section cause it's a wiring issue

So today, I decided to remount my amp, and put it on the seat, so naturally, I reconnected all my wires, and organized them.

Now the problem I have is that the amp won't turn on, I don't know why because

- My power wire is connected

- My ground wire is connected

- My remote wire is connected, and I checked the connection cause every time I connect it, my button switch lights up

- My power wire fuse isn't blown because the voltmeter reads a voltage directly from the power wire

- The amp's fuses aren't blown because I disconnected everything, disconnected the battery, and didn't even have the amp do anything

- Course all my rca's, and remote knob is connected as well.

The only clue I have is that the button switch turns off the light when the headunit turns on, and for some reason, on my Kenwood DNX7100, the audio setup is locked.

So help me out here, cause I have no idea what's going on.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I'll try that out, and also do the remote wire trick to see if the amp even turns on at all.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

have you tried as a test jumping the B+ lead and touching the remote on to see if the amp turns on?

Installer of 40 years, Service Mgr, head Installer - Precision Car Audio in Downey Ca in the 80's/90's when the systems craze hit, it was better than Disneyland..Had many spreads in Mini Truck and Trucking Magazine..

1 Nesa NSD-345 (cheap but I've fallen in love with it)

1 KGC-4024A

1 ORION HCCA250

2 Fosgate Punch 40dsm

4 Vifa plates

2 GoldSound 1240's (see if any of you remember these)

I haven't tried the remote wire trick yet if that's what you're mentioning, actually, I'm probably gonna try to solve this in the morning, but I wanna see if there's anything else that can be a problem.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Did you have it bolted to the floor before? If so then i would look at grounds. Because your seat probably isn't gounded and you may have been using the chassis of the amp as a ground before and didn't know it.

Amp's screwed to the seat, ground wire is bolted down on the frame where it always have been. I didn't move the power and ground wires from the last setup, I just simply moved and mounted the amp on the seat cause it used to be on a board laying on the box.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Actually, I'll just check everything out tomorrow, when my head is clear, and when it's daytime.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

So I checked this morning with a clear head, and it was my amp's fuse(Thank you Mr.SkippyJ), guess the power wire must have touch something that it shouldn't have when I was reinstalling my amp

77985_548229178527339_14987641_o.jpg

Thank you guys for the help, now I'm gonna get new fuses

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived