Second Skin Audio

Need some help, Enclosure layout

Ludachris5150

Yea the center duct is 4 inchs, and the laterals are 2". I was saying there is atleast 2" from the ends of the lateral ducts to the side walls. This is the 2nd box ive built and i took my time, made 4" and 2" spacers to insure that the ports stayed 2". At the most they may be off 1/16 or I guess even 1/8 at the opening of the center duct, From sanding and other shit. Thank you for checkn specs tho, That does sound like a good idea. Tho I dont have any spare MDF so ill have to grab some up either way. Im pretty sure Im going to go ahead try that

Rebuild in progress...

if you need help designing a box i can help you out if you give me your cargo space dimensions.

n by chance what part of nebraska are u in?

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

if you need help designing a box i can help you out if you give me your cargo space dimensions.

n by chance what part of nebraska are u in?

Im in the process of modifying my current box now, And if it doesnt sound as good or better im going to try a new design. Joe said he would help, And I appreciate him doing it because ive seen him all over this forum and seems like he knows his shit. I do appreciate it tho. Also Im in southeast ne, Pretty far from minden iirc

Rebuild in progress...

Well I got the box out, subs out, and 1 of the cover up panels installed and drying. 1 more to go later on 2nite and hopefully I can find time this weekend to router the holes. Another question before I do tho, Should I put the subs as far away from the port as possible? Or center them up between the lateral ducts and the wall? There isnt a shit ton of play but there is a little

Rebuild in progress...

Like in the pic I left above, right, away from the port, it will probably be better also not place near a corner either.

Nice I centerd them up and there as far from the port as I could go. I got it all sealed up, Subs installed . Waiting for it to fully dry before I go test it. May even wait til 2m. Ill get some before and after pics posted sometime this weekend aswell. Looking like a frankenbox, Ill clean it up if it sounds good

Rebuild in progress...

Well I mess'd with it today. It is a little bit louder. I need to move the box around and see where it sounds best. Right now my ports about 5" from the rear hatch. It doesnt seem to hit the lows like it did when it was backed up to about 6.5-7", It kills some notes tho. How far away would you recommend? I know thats a general question. But is the rule of thumb the same for suvs as it is for trunks? I see some people run them pushed back, some to the back of the seats... ( I would test it out but my amp is in the way and its a straight BITCH to remove for security, On top of that im pressd for time)

Rebuild in progress...

What's important is not to choke the port, other than that you should test what's best, if you were able to notice increased loudness likely you gained around 3dB, that may be little difference but it represents the same as doubling your RMS power so it is some improvement, if you end up deciding to build a new box you already know the difference on doing subs up vs subs back. Besides moving around your box also you should also check your electrical, your signal path, setup your gains and other settings optimally to get the most out of your system.

Archived