Second Skin Audio

i think my hdc3 18 hates my box :/

Fatman489

Honestly I think you were tuned wrong. I CAN believe 5 of those motors shit the bed though!

That turbo is a peice don't be surprised when it makes motor#6 lol and the reason your valve probably dropped is yu can't just throw a cam in without ALOT of valve spring/guide lift related know how. Especially revving the fuck out of her Hondas aren't very reliable when built correctly anyway. maybe you should get into a 2jz

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Yea it wasn't dyna tuned only street tuned , and it was completely stock , it wasn't a thing where I was hoping it would last just wanted to laugh at how much it could hold , at 22psi that 14b was well out of its efficiency but idc lol it was fun for a few weeks , and I've got a simple bolt on gsr swap now , I don't really try to go fast anymore, my income is dependant on my license so I drive low loud and slow now lol also the valve dropped because I was too high in the rpms for that cam , the profile is fine on stock valvetrain aslong as you keep it under 7500 but it was still pulling so I was still mashin the pedal lol .. like I said I don't care I was.picking up single cam long blocks for 100-200$ each so its whatever

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Instead of using arp headstuds I just over torqued the stockies lol like I said though it was fun and nasty for a few weeks , I've also grenaded trannys ... They don't like 6000rpm clutch drops

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Also Kranny my box is at 6 cubes tuned at 36hz and 97.5 sqin of port so is the extra 2.5 aches of port area really gonna make that much difference ?

2.5 extra sqin wont do anything.

how did you design the box. what program did you use. did you use it correctly? did you verify your final design with anybody?

i still want pics of the box.

Like I said buddy the box is built to spec listed in the link I posted on the first page , that is the blueprint I gave my boy that I got straight off DDs website , its built exactly like that minus the face is 2 layers of 3/4 instead of one

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Here's a pic he sent me before he did the finishing touches on it

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/548054_490565710960062_547965494_n.jpg

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Ok so since everyone keeps saying use torres to check my box I just pulled out my laptop and according to torres its 7.30 cubes gross 97.5 sqin port area 17.93 per foot and 5.44 cubes after port ( don't recall the sub displacement to throw that in ) tuned at 36.30 Hz ... That's with torres and my measurements , so I still think I need more juice and maybe pull the top off the box and make the port a little longer to tune it lower ... Ideas ?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

If I were you I would build a new box with sub up and port back but with the port at the bottom of the box instead of on the right side of the box. Tune lower, even though the fs is higher on it these subs absolutely shred the lows when tuned low (30-32hz) shoot for 12-14sqin of port per cube, build the box bigger to compensate for the little amount of power you're running or get a more powerful amp to really get it moving.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

After toying with it for a minute if I line the top and bottom of the port with 1/2" mdf it drops my port area to 92.5 but drops my tuning to mid 34s ... That could work and I wouldn't even have to pull the box apart for that ... But is the 92.5 sqin of port area gonna hurt me too much ?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Aq claims my fs is 31hz so I think thats fairly low , the 10 is claimed to be 41 though lol also I am going to get atleast an aq 3500 , also considering the dc audio 5k but still undecided , I have quarterly taxes coming up so I'm trying to not spend anymore money on my system right yet lol ... I had thought about sub up port back but I was under the impression putting the port along the bottom is more of a trouble than its worth ... Like I said I'm very new to box design I used to just get a close friend to build them for me but he moved away so now I'm trying to learn

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Archived