Second Skin Audio

i think my hdc3 18 hates my box :/

Fatman489

Alright guys I have a dual 2 ohm hdc3 18(copper coil), due to time crunch with my job I just had a friend build a box to DDs 18" specs they have listed on their site. I know the sub need more power but I still feel it should be lower and louder. DD claims 6 cubes at 36hz the sub is ran from a t1000bd at one ohm and its in a 92 civic hatchback. I feel it isn't any louder than my first gen rf punch hx2 12s in a cheap prefab box. Now I'm on the fence on whether or not I want to buy a bigger amp for it or not. If the box is killing it id rather get a better box going before I stuff more power down its throat. What do you guys think ? Think its more so caused by underpowering or because of box ? Or maybe I'm just expecting too much from this sub ? I may just replace the aq and the box with something else , may down size to a single 15 for space saving, but I'm curious on what you guys thoughts are on my current situation

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Why did you build to a DD spec? Its a AQ sub!

Maybe you should post what the specs of the box are so we can get a better idea of what your box looks like

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

well there is more cone area on 2 -12s + i would think 2 HX2s would out do 1 -18 hdc3 IN MY OPIINION. WAS THE 2 12S ON THE SAME AMP?

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Post up box specs.

You are fine on power, no need for more. Just may need a more efficient enclosure is all.

he's fine on power? LOL. that sub handles 2k EASY. it laughs at 1k.

6 cubes a piece, so thats 12 cubes. you need 16sqin of port per cube, so thats 192sqin of port total.

pics of box?

Ok lemme answer in order

1. Like the op says I was in a time crunch and needed a box , I am only home 3 days a month and my boy can build his ass off but isn't a designer ... That's why I built it to DD specs , was closest I could find to recommended in a hurry

2. No the punch hx2s were on a rockford t3002 2ohm per channel ( no where near the power they need )

3. I can tell it needs more power but I don't wanna buy more amp if the sub isn't gonna do what I want even after jamming 4 times the rated rms down its throat

4. Here's a link to the pic with dimensions I had the box built to only I had him make the sub plane double thick

http://ddaudio.com/media/3944/18-6cuft_498x260.jpg

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Kranny I only have one ... Also my electrical is purdy basic right now .. knuconcepts 1/0 gauge kollosus flecks and xs power d5100r and a 110a alternator

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Post up box specs.

You are fine on power, no need for more. Just may need a more efficient enclosure is all.

What do you know about boxes? The one you did for my hdc3 18's, was terrible. It was supposed to be 12 cubes but when I ran the specs through torres it is actually 8.5 cubes for 2 hdc3 18's, not to mention the sub holes where cut too small, one side panel was cut too small and no bracing came with it......so yea

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived