Second Skin Audio

i think my hdc3 18 hates my box :/

Fatman489

Also you build up Nissans and Yotas, if you ever paid for Honda anything and it was supposed to be fast I REALLY need your connect. "I break shit cuz I'm rich" is a stupid excuse, you either won the lottery for "6 figures a year" or have a fat-ass trust fund because you seem young and irresponsible. At this point, and with your avatar, I'm calling it a troll thread.

I agree and will add:

66D09564-4014-40CE-986E-DE979C01DB09-2012-000001612133ECE1.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

well there is more cone area on 2 -12s + i would think 2 HX2s would out do 1 -18 hdc3 IN MY OPIINION. WAS THE 2 12S ON THE SAME AMP?

2 12" circles = 226 square inches of space

1 18" circle = 254 square inches of space.

math > you

I thought you had perhaps died from stopping your heart with a 9Hz demo....good to see I was wrong.

Like I said be jelly all you want idc I bust my ass to make my money and does it matter I drive a 126,000$ truck ? No .. what matters is I asked for some assistance with my current box and not many are actually trying to help .. yes I blow shit up do I care no ... Not my fault you guys can't handle blowing up a $300 sub just to get the results you want ... I would try to see things from your point of grow buy I can't get my head that far up my own ass ... Just because I'm 26 and came from nothing to be able to do what I want might seem dumb to you but its what I do .. if I wanna set the 18 on fire I will because I can afford to shrug it off like that was fun what's next ... I am trying to not build another box right yet because I don't even know if I'm gonna keep this sub but like I said think what you will I don't currently have any spare fucks to give ... People like you Asshats are exactly why I do the things I do ... I do it for the haters

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Also if digital designs designed the box can you please entertain me and tell me how its poorly designed ? And also if you notice I ran the box through torres and its pretty close to what you all are suggesting so again I ask how is it poorly designed ?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

You've got an AQ in a box designed for a DD...that's how. The port area per foot seems way high to me. And without pics(that you won't provide ever I'm sure) its hard for anyone to suggest how to get the RIGHT box built. None of us have a clue how well the box was cut and assembled, only a rough blueprint of what a box should have looked like.

My suggestion for you is to learn to use Tores, I doubt you'll get much help from anyone around here. The main reason: your attitude. Great quote:

"Its Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain

Blowing engines and equipment because you can doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like an idiot.

Actually bro I did post a pic of the box when it just needed the hole cut and the top put on so try again ... And if you had a box that was designed for sub a but fit the specs for sub b does that mean its poorly designed ? As I said about 3957397 times the specs of the box are quite close to what everyone keeps suggesting but everyone is too busy ditching about how I spend money to catch on

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Lets see some pics man!!

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

For the lol of the matter I will post the pix I have of my box ... Even though my boy Alan has been building boxes for ages I will indulge your desires for a moment

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/548054_490565710960062_547965494_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/548294_490565860960047_905999444_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/482048_490566054293361_1980103867_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/179909_490565980960035_2118259549_n.jpg

Like I said build quality is not the issue at all ... Alan used to be into this stuff heavily

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

You YOURSELF said you thing the box isn't worth a damn, but you are now defending it. It's got way too much fucking port area and who KNOWS how it's assembled. Get a real design for YOUR sub or better yet, since money isn't a factor, buy the DD that was MEANT for that design. Either way, I'd start over, somewhere there is an error/errors.

*Edit- box looks to be well built/assembled. My worry is the amount of port area per foot on the box. I'd drop that number down into the 12-14 range. I believe this was previously mentioned. More airspace also, ESPECIALLY since its being underpowered. Maybe tat box will work with your BIG amp you wanna try.

That's what I've been trying to say , based off peoples recommendations the box is close , I've heard 100sqin of port I'm sittin around 97.5 and you say 6 cubes its a little under that at 5.44 after port ... But that does put me to about 18" of port per cube so that's a bit off of the 12-14 range your advising I am also still concerned its tuned a bit high ... Thoughts on that ?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Archived