OFC Vs CCA

Line resistance is the reason OFC is better than CCA, because aluminum has around 59% the conductivity of copper, thus more resistance in the line which means you are losing voltage at your amp due to the increased resistance of the cable.

Voltage drop is actualy Vd = (resistance of wire * current * length * 2)/ (1000 ft)

Line resistance is the reason OFC is better than CCA, because aluminum has around 59% the conductivity of copper, thus more resistance in the line which means you are losing voltage at your amp due to the increased resistance of the cable.

Voltage drop is actualy Vd = (resistance of wire * current * length * 2)/ (1000 ft)

The ( x2) is for a single phase AC system.... Since it takes two equal length runs of wire to complete the circuit.... Hence an extension chord

What are some opinions about the CCA/OFC mix? I just got 50' of the stc designs 1/0 mixed wire but I'm yet to be able to use it

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone will have some input.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

The ( x2) is for a single phase AC system.... Since it takes two equal length runs of wire to complete the circuit.... Hence an extension chord

ah, my bad

no vs threads...

Just look at your title. That will explain everything.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Did a little digging on the STC wire.

At $2.50/ foot it's almost a no brainer. You can get OFC under $3/ foot all day.

I got 50' of trystar 1/0 OFC for $130 shipped a while back. EBay... Even had my last name laser etched on it.

Quality wire is an investment. Initial costs are going to be a little higher with copper... But if you plan on running the system for a while, possibly upgrading, the copper wire stays in the system where as the CCA is going to cost money to upgrade.

That being said, the STC CCA does look like a quality wire for what it is. But it's not going to compete with a true 1/0AWG OFC wire.

Archived