SMZ2 Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Basically how would I run a proper amp ground? Ground chassis with a bolt and then chassis bolt to frame? I know I'll get crap for this but I used a tapping screw before but I want to do it right now. Also I will it be safe if carpet goes back over it? One final thing what is the atvantage of using a copper bar with the group I saw it on the black nasty build? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
HJ Customs Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Honestly people are going to say over kill it and ground to frame. But the tapping screw works just sand down the metal before. If ur running over 1500 watts then id ground to frame tho. Yes carpet over is fine Copper is for sex appeal and damnn it looks good. Also has less resistance so it's overkill again but he's running an assss ton of watts so its almost necessary for him This is Hunter Johnson's Mobile Accnt 06 Scion Build
SMZ2 Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 Could this work? I believe there is a nut on the bottom of it also. If it won't work I have to go by Lowes anyway. Also I'm running a bc2000. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
HJ Customs Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Yeah that's ur seatbelt bolt. If you can sand the underneath of that bracket or make sure that bolt goes to the frame. Also sand where the lug touches the metal. After I install everything I spray paint a clear coat to stop rust/corrosion This is Hunter Johnson's Mobile Accnt 06 Scion Build
SMZ2 Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 Yeah that's ur seatbelt bolt. If you can sand the underneath of that bracket or make sure that bolt goes to the frame. Also sand where the lug touches the metal. After I install everything I spray paint a clear coat to stop rust/corrosion I believe its just a chassis bolt. Also its a bolt for some mounting points in my cargo area. Will it still work? Or will I need to add a new bolt through the chassis and to the frame? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
HJ Customs Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Yeah that's ur seatbelt bolt. If you can sand the underneath of that bracket or make sure that bolt goes to the frame. Also sand where the lug touches the metal. After I install everything I spray paint a clear coat to stop rust/corrosion I believe its just a chassis bolt. Also its a bolt for some mounting points in my cargo area. Will it still work? Or will I need to add a new bolt through the chassis and to the frame? Under 1500rms ur fine This is Hunter Johnson's Mobile Accnt 06 Scion Build
SMZ2 Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 Well I have crescendo bc2000 its a 2000+ RMS amp.... My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
That1Kid Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Ground your amp at the battery. And do the big 3. -98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace) -AVH-P3300BT -Crescendo BC5500 -4 18" DC m2 Level 3.
SMZ2 Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 Ground your amp at the battery. And do the big 3. Make a ground run to the front? I don't have enough for money for a run to the battery yet. What can I do until then as far as grounding to the frame? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
That1Kid Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 I would save up til I had the money to do it right/safely. Use 1/0 wire. Drill hole in frame. Sand/grind the paint off completely around the hole. Use stainless steel bolt, 2 washers, nut. All stainless. That's how I did my frame ground. -98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace) -AVH-P3300BT -Crescendo BC5500 -4 18" DC m2 Level 3.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.