Sonic Electronix

$3000 budget on 4wd, suggestions?

There are always deals to be found. I bought a 99 (square body) Tahoe with 180k on it for 1200. 20"centerlines, full aftermarket exhaust, 2 layers of deadening throughout, 250a salt, limo tint, and a bunch of other stuff. The guy was selling it because it needed a trans and he wasn't spending the money.....flushed the trans, replaced the filter and 4 quarts of fluid and drove it for 2 years. Just take your time finding something. Your ideal vehicle is out there somewhere just waiting to be scooped up

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

Your budget, Jeep Cherokee XJ is your best bet. The inline 6 4.0l is bullet proof, the AW4 trans will last forever, replacement parts are piss cheap, and there is a huge aftermarket for them as well. They are cheap to lift a bit, and wheel like a mofo, they're like a little ugly sqaure mountain goat. I have had a couple, the blue one I did a build log on here with, which didnt get wheeled to much, and before that a silver colored '01, 4 inches of lift, 33's, trimmed fenders, custom bumpers, rock rails, arb snorkel, lockers... that bitch went anywhere you'd point it.... Wheeled the shit out of it the 5 years I had it, never had any huge problems with it. Took it wheeling on Sundays, and it always got me to work on Monday.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Yea im really leaning toward that jeep inline 6. There are just so many parts available where I live for them and are cheap. I want something that does alright on the MPG of course and I dont have a big agenda for 4 wheelin even though I do enjoy it, I just want something dependable and driveable in the snow.

Archived