Help With 2nd Battery Install

Ok,

first off, sorry for the newb questions.

I made a thread earlier asking if i should get a new more powerful Alternator or a Capasitor for my cars problem. the batter dies when every i use my sytem, lights dim really really bad.

I was told to just buy a new batter for the rear.

The only thing im worried about for that is wont that put more stress on the Alternator which wont really help me?

My other question is how exactly do i install the 2nd battery? Do I just connect the postives and ground the rear batter to the frame or what?

Can someone please explain this to me in some easy to understand, not extremely trechnical jargon. lol

Sorry, im a newb, just getting into this stuff and this is my first system.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Don't get a capacitor. They won't help you really at all. To install the 2nd battery all you have to do is run the power and ground wires to the back battery. Connect pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. Don't forget to fuse the power wire. As for the alternator it would definitely help, but unless your running more than say, 1500 watts you will probably be ok. Also, may want to look into doing the Big 3.

Don't get a capacitor. They won't help you really at all. To install the 2nd battery all you have to do is run the power and ground wires to the back battery. Connect pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. Don't forget to fuse the power wire. As for the alternator it would definitely help, but unless your running more than say, 1500 watts you will probably be ok. Also, may want to look into doing the Big 3.

i have a Hifonics Bxi1606d mono block amp which im running at 1 ohm which is supposivly 1600 watts. think ill still be ok?

also where to i put the fuse? after both batterys or after the front one? i have mine rite at the front one now.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

i have a Hifonics Bxi1606d mono block amp which im running at 1 ohm which is supposivly 1600 watts. think ill still be ok?

also where to i put the fuse? after both batterys or after the front one? i have mine rite at the front one now.

It doesnt put out 1600, around 1200 is wat she does...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

B)-->

QUOTE(Eric B @ Jan 20 2008, 08:08 PM) 234450[/snapback]
It doesnt put out 1600, around 1200 is wat she does...

Exaclty, that why i said supposivly.. lol. i just want sure it was true but it makes sence that they are 1200 because thats the max on my kickers and they handle this amp just fine and im sure id notice if it was another 400 watts there lol.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Can someone explain to me how it all works?

because if i have 2 different batterys and one alternator thats making the alternator struggle to keep the 2 batterys charged. how does this work?

sorry, but im lost and confused lol.

u should be fine just do the big3 upgrade and a second battery and the dimming should go away

where in delaware are u located

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

i dont agree with that. b4 i had an amp that was makin roughly 1/3 of the power of the one i have now and my lights would dim whe i turned it up.

since i put in the capacitor my lights havent dimmed once.

now i agree for the same amount of money get a bettery it worx better but u cant say a capacitor does nothing caus eit helped my system alot

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i dont agree with that. b4 i had an amp that was makin roughly 1/3 of the power of the one i have now and my lights would dim whe i turned it up.

since i put in the capacitor my lights havent dimmed once.

now i agree for the same amount of money get a bettery it worx better but u cant say a capacitor does nothing caus eit helped my system alot

I've heard multible things on Caps. most people have told me that they just cover up your problem. basically they mean it stops the lights from dimming but is still killed the battery.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!