Sundown Audio

Hifonics Brutus BRZ2100.1D Protecting?

Sergeant_Skyrim

Happened earlier when I was listening to the new Psyph album, amp went into protect. Wasn't hot at all, voltage doesn't get below 13.8 and doesn't go above 14.8(what my alt's external regulator is set to). Will be checking the wiring to the sub in the morning, but I check all of my 1/0 wire fuses and all that stuff and it looked good. Just wondering if anybody's had a problem like this before or has heard of something similar to this happening. Just got off work and it's 3am so I won't be able to check until daylight but figured I'd post this up in case anybody could help me by morning time. Thanks all, and have a great night

Tl;dr-Amp wasn't hot at all and nothing was smelly, voltage stays between 13.8-14.8 the site says they're stable up to 18v, fuses are fine and so is 1/0 and so are RCAs

EDIT: And after it protected for the first time, everytime after that when I'd shut my car off and turn it back on it'd be fine for about 2 seconds before it went into protect again. When it'd go into protect and the sub was still hooked up the sub would push in once like the air was being sucked out the box, then out once like the air was being forced in. Idk if anybody will understand what I mean so sorry if the description is kinda vague

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived