Second Skin Audio

Box tuning for custom DC's i have.

Alright so ive been out of the audio thing for a year or two now and wanting to compete this season again. I have 2 12" DC audio lvl 3's m1 with custom PSI recones. they have the flatwind coil direct leads and i believe just one spider. what would be appropriate tuning for these subs? I plan to build the box to be musical loud and just see what my numbers are. box will be a trunk build sealed off "trunk wall". plan to run 2500-3k. ive had a similar setup in the past running two sa12s sealed off from the trunk on an saz3000d and have had good luck with it musically. also being the coils are flatwind and a little bigger what would these be rated at rms wise? i know the m1 dc was 600 and the m2 are 900 i believe so what would this kind of handling would this sub have now being the soft parts are alot beefier. i estimated 1000-1200 would seem fair. any input will be appreciated guys. thanks

2012-10-10200705.jpg

top one is psi bottom dc

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

the m1 still doesn't have a lot of good cooling i thought so that was the justification of the low power handling

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

:unknw: tune somewhere for musical. after tweaking though you'll always end up elsewhere

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Any thoughts on power?

A dc 9k :)

But a 2k would be about right, or a 3.5k if you want to go big, just don't expect them to last long with that.

I'm assuming your wiring to 1ohm

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Yes. I was thinking 3.5k. I had sa12s on my 3000d and they did fine. (They got a little toasty during long demos) These are quite a bit more beefy only thing that might be a draw back is being m1 motors so 3.5k would be a bit much im guessing. Ig thats what tuning is for :) but at least that will leave room for upgrades in the future.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Archived