Sonic Electronix

Need advice for upcoming car system.

Hello, i have a few question about my future car system.

first off i would like to say what i will have. ( i have not bought anything yet, this is just what i would like so far)

-OK first off, i am getting a car so i plan on getting a new system for it. my car will be a 2008-2010 ford fusion.

-For the subs i would like to get 2 15 inch re audio sxx

http://www.sonicelec...X15D2.html#tabs ( they are out of stock ATM i know, but i have some time before i get anything)

-for the amp i would like a re audio xtx 5000.1

http://www.sonicelec...-XTX5000.1.html

-for the box i want a ported box for sure, and i was panning to buy one online.

A couple people have told me with such high power i might need a new alternator, and a second battery.

so my question is is this true?

If so what battery/alternator should i choose?

And also, is this a good choice for my system?

and if anyone can please tell me any good speakers for my car. like the 6x9 speakers.

please feel free to give me any advice/suggestions on anything it will all be taken into consideration.

Thanks everyone,

-michael

I'd say big 3, an upgraded front battery and an extra battery in the trunk to be safe. A new alternator shouldn't be too big of a priority unless your voltage dips below 12.8v at the amp. I wouldn't use the same equipment, but what you have will do good. If it were me, I'd go with 2 SA-15's and an Audioque 2200d, but that's me.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I'd say big 3, an upgraded front battery and an extra battery in the trunk to be safe. A new alternator shouldn't be too big of a priority unless your voltage dips below 12.8v at the amp. I wouldn't use the same equipment, but what you have will do good. If it were me, I'd go with 2 SA-15's and an Audioque 2200d, but that's me.

do you have any battery's you prefer?

Kinetic, c&d, stinger and xs power all make good batteries for car audio. You can run optimas too if you go with a yellow top. Your stock alt probably makes decent power already being so new however I have heard he car's have a "smart fuse box" that monitors voltage so you might really need to watch for voltage drop

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang