Second Skin Audio

ported box is tuned @ 26hz but subs recommend 35hz is this asking 4 fail?

Truconcept

in wondering if i should add the port diameters? it recommends 3 inches for one, im making a box where they share one port should i make it 6 inches wide? the max specs for the box are 34Wx18Hx22D

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

in wondering if i should add the port diameters? it recommends 3 inches for one, im making a box where they share one port should i make it 6 inches wide? the max specs for the box are 34Wx18Hx22D

If it recommends a 3" aero for one sub, you would do 2 3" aeros for 2 subs, not one 6"

Pi x radius ^2 (For a 3" port) 3.14 x 1.5" ^2 = about 7 square inches

Pi x radius ^2 (For a 6" port) 3.14 x 3" ^2 = over 28 square inches

So a 6" port would actually be equal to 4 of the 3" ports not 2. A 4" port is almost the same as 2 3" ports, its just a little smaller.

I honestly think the minimum I would run for a 12" would be one 4" or two 3" ports. Otherwise you may have some port noise issues. Have you downloaded torres and played around with it? Search the forum for it and download it. You can learn a lot from just playing around with it.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

It depends on the vehicle and subwoofer. With cabin gain excluded, the lower you tune the bigger the enclosure needs to be to maintain a flat response. Subsequently, the higher you tune, the smaller your enclosure needs to be to maintain a flat response. It takes a lot of time testing out different enclosures, and possibly equalization, to get a flat response in a vehicle, do to cabin response. Also, port area is a factor in your bandwidth. The larger the port area, the more output at that frequency, but it lowers the output at other frequencies, the further away the more. You need to find a happy medium in that regard.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived