Second Skin Audio

ported box is tuned @ 26hz but subs recommend 35hz is this asking 4 fail?

Truconcept

If you tune below fs there will be a dip in your response curve at/slightly above tuning

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Depends on the Fs of the sub. If you love jumping the coil out of the gap, go for it. Why are people tuning SOOO low, it's dumb. Tune to 35 Hz like the sub suggests, end of story. Everyone thinks its cool to tune sub-30Hz these days. Home installs are the only place mid 20s tuning belongs.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Depends on the Fs of the sub. If you love jumping the coil out of the gap, go for it. Why are people tuning SOOO low, it's dumb. Tune to 35 Hz like the sub suggests, end of story. Everyone thinks its cool to tune sub-30Hz these days. Home installs are the only place mid 20s tuning belongs.

my guess is you haven't heard a properly built or designed system that's tuned stupid low, it's a whole other experience listening to a system that plays low 20hz with authority. Like honestly think about it, when you go to a competition or car show with audio included, people don't crowd around the burp cars tuned high, people gather around the low tuned ground pounding monsters.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

can you explain how tuning below Fs hurts the sub? I don't know how this stuff works.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Tuning to 20s isn't necessary to get the experience you're speaking of. Steve himself has said that tuning to 20s is silly in a vehicle. Tune to low 30s and dig into mid 20s easily anyway with the right equipment, but having the box tuning in mid 20s is a waste of upper bandwidth. Just the same as a burp car hitting 60Hz is a one note wonder, you're wasting a lot to tune so low, in my opinion.

I realize this is really all purely subjective because listening preferences all vary. I'm just seeing this dumb trend lately of guys wanting to do 3 things:

1) Build a 4th order(no matter the guys knowledge or not)

2) Wire to .5 ohm(no matter the guys knowledge of needing proper electrical to do so)

3) Tune to 25Hz(no matter the guys knowledge that tuning so low will lose a lot of output where a subwoofer is built to perform)

It Just gets tiring seeing countless posts where guys are wanting to do something that they shouldnt that makes no sense.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You could tune to FS, but FS isn't the same in an enclosure, well FS doesnt really exist in an enclosure but the speaker's resonate frequency will change in an enclosure. So you could tune to fs, or at least near it.

Reading your comment make me think you already have a box built. Do you?

Tuning to 20s isn't necessary to get the experience you're speaking of. Steve himself has said that tuning to 20s is silly in a vehicle. Tune to low 30s and dig into mid 20s easily anyway with the right equipment, but having the box tuning in mid 20s is a waste of upper bandwidth. Just the same as a burp car hitting 60Hz is a one note wonder, you're wasting a lot to tune so low, in my opinion.

I realize this is really all purely subjective because listening preferences all vary. I'm just seeing this dumb trend lately of guys wanting to do 3 things:

1) Build a 4th order(no matter the guys knowledge or not)

2) Wire to .5 ohm(no matter the guys knowledge of needing proper electrical to do so)

3) Tune to 25Hz(no matter the guys knowledge that tuning so low will lose a lot of output where a subwoofer is built to perform)

It Just gets tiring seeing countless posts where guys are wanting to do something that they shouldnt that makes no sense.

I understand where you're coming from man, tuning below 28hz is quite unnecessary if you ask me, I just hate it when some people say anything below 36hz is unnecessary. As far as running .5 and building a 4th order, can't really say much about it since I haven't done either.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived