Well wasn't going to put this up for a few more weeks, but thought well why not put it up now. I have a few different builds go through my car over the past few years. Started off with a BTL 18, 2 10" RE Se's, 2 12" RE Se's, 1 12" Arc audio Flatline, then to a single SA 8" v2. My favorite and best sounding was the single SA 8 in a t-line. Now going to either a single SS xxx 15 (have it) or a TC 5400 pro 15 (barrow from a friend and might buy it from him. Going to be sealing off and firing forward, either in a regular ported box or 4th order. Going to do test boxes in MDF to see what I like and make the final version in 13ply birch. This is going to be a slow process since funds are tight-ish. Enough talky and here are some pictures.

Had to pull the rear seat out to get my trunk liners out.

20121105_135458.jpg

Here is the empty trunk with the seats back in. Nice clean slate

20121105_141937.jpg

Here are some of the holes that I have to cover up that are in the passenger compartment. These are behind some panels and seat cushions.

20121106_161404.jpg

20121106_161352.jpg

20121106_161358.jpg

Here are some pictures of the holes covered up. The one hole that isn't covered up in the picture is needed to be open due to the side cushion is held in by that slot.

20121106_164919.jpg

20121106_164904.jpg

and the seat latch. 2 pieces of deadner. Placed it up to the latch, cut out where the rods go through and overlapped them to create and air tight seal

20121106_164912.jpg

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Here is a video of the holes in the trunk

and here is another showing them covered up.

More in the next few days.

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Here is a little more progress. Sealed up the passenger side holes like I did on the drivers side and also put some seam sealant in the trunk where the pieces of metal form the gap, and along the top side of the rear parcel shelf. Trying to cover all of the possible air inlets into the trunk taken care of before I start on the audio install. Going to drop the headliner possibly tomorrow to put some deadner up there and to see if there are any other holes up there that can lead to the trunk.

20121110_133714.jpg

20121110_133720.jpg

20121110_142024.jpg

20121110_142029.jpg

Here is the sealant went. It is flexible and water resistant. Should work great.

20121110_142044.jpg

20121110_142054.jpg

20121110_142117.jpg

20121110_142129.jpg

Any questions or suggestions are welcomed.

this sux camel dicks

End result is that I want to be in the 40s and not destroy my trunk lid hence why i'm firing forward. If this doesn't work out like I want than I most likely will go ib and go for sq.

this sux camel dicks

Oh yea I know that. If I don't do 40's there is something wrong. Going to do the same black and blue theme like I did with the 12's when I fired forward, but making sure that everything is sealed off this time. But 40's in a daily driver is more than enough. Only time that I really turn it up is at shows. So we will see how everything goes from here on out. Got a design done up and think it should work. Only way to know is build it and see.

this sux camel dicks

Very true about it not sounding good. I have an idea about how i'm going to do the sealing panel. Hard to explain in words but will show in occurs in the next couple if days. Trying to get this done by ces

this sux camel dicks

Archived