Second Skin Audio

May be a dumb, but honest question

I feel like an idiot. What is a baffle?

Will adding a 2nd layer to the top of my box where the subs mount effect the tuning frequency? The inside dimensions of the box won't change but I assume the sub volume will since it will be mounted 3/4 inches higher than the normal mounting depth.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm just trying to build it right the first time....3/4" birch sheets add up quick $$

150.1 @ 38hz142.3 @ 20hz (windows down)Only 2 batteries

Baffles are the faces of wood that hold the subwoofer. And yes, you are correct when it will affect displacement but that will be minmal, so it shouldnt affect tuning

Edit: but if you are worried, just go to torres, make the box .75" taller and add a second baffle

What kind of sub(s)/power are you building for. Double baffles have been a forum boner all over...but I see alot that aren't necessary. Whats your box like? slot port or aero and where is the port?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Baffles are the faces of wood that hold the subwoofer. And yes, you are correct when it will affect displacement but that will be minmal, so it shouldnt affect tuning

Edit: but if you are worried, just go to torres, make the box .75" taller and add a second baffle

That's what I was confused about what to put as a baffle or whatever, which in that case it knocks it up to 39 or something high... :/

I'm an idiot and made my box 17" tall but didn't realize the ID were a lot smaller after cutting

Also with the way I have my box it will be 9" from the back of my jeep w a tuning frequency of 36.8 ish and the port size of 12"x15"x15" w 180sqin of port. Should I change it to 11x15x15 to drop tuning to 33 and sacrifice port area or leave it how it is?

I would drop it only if you cared about being lower... Im guessing with that much port area you are doing big subs so I would ignore my first post and do a double baffle and maybe some threaded rod too.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Port is a 0 common wall port, rectangular towards the bottom of the box

Box is 17x41x47" and after displacement and bracing 13.7ish cuft.

Ports centered in the back panel (opposite of subs) facing back w dimensions of 12/15/15 tuned at 36ish

Running 2 aa mayhem 18s on a 4500d

Going into a jeep cherokee country.

I was going to possibly have the port firing forward and the subs by my hatch as they fire up and add a 2nd layer on the top of the box where the subs mount and secure my amp to the top of the box.

I hope this is clear bc idk how to post pics from my phone

Archived