Second Skin Audio

NEW ported box in chrysler 300 1 15 ?pics, HELP

ThreehundredC

Sounds like to maximize your airspace and follow the countours of your trunk better, you may have to get into some fiberglass? It may also be that you are just trying to put too much stuff in space you have available. You will have a really hard time getting that 15 to fit and still be able to access your amps/bottles under the floor :( I would find a good shop and see what kind of possibilities they can think of. Then either have them build it, pay them to design it (all specs/dimensions), or just take the rough ideas that they have and bring them here and see what people might be able to do with them.

Most of the free designs you will get around here will be cubes/rectangles as they are as easy as punching numbers in torres/re box and seeing what you get. Having said that, you could probably follow the slope of the back seat (wedge box) and use aero ports rather than slot port and gain some airspace while decreasing the depth of the box by an inch or two. But I don't know for sure if/how much you would gain.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

the shop wanted to build what they called "a closed off bandpass thru the rear deck would be really clean". I guess like a 4th order where the face of the sub is now make a sealed portion then big rectangle up to rear deck

my box now doesnt like to much of the radio songs woth high 40s hz which is fine i pretty much play slowed down music decaf style but the box just kills the lows i think if i made a similar square box just smaller with same port ratio id lose the lows i want

I could make it a little prettier if you lived in NC, but nothing professional lol. I still think with fiberglass you could shrink things down a little bit and sort of mold it into the car. A well built fiberglass box is pretty much always show worthy imo.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

ok so someone wants to buy this off my for 180, its been played a while but i was thinking of doing it to grab a new obsidian v2 15 what you think?

The square L7 15" 750W is likely going to move more air than the round Obsidian 15" 600W

Archived