10 year anniversary of my son's death

Today is the 10 year anniversary of Charles Mark Mercer. Charlie was a son to me, even though he was not my son by birth or adoption. The story of his death as published in the Tucson Citizen the following day was less than flattering; it only spoke of a prior DUI conviction and the tragic circumstances of his passing. There was no mention of an exceptionally gifted 21 year old who died just as he was on the brink of fulfilling his immense potential. Charlie had earned a full ride academic scholarship to Barrett, The Honors College at Arizona State University where he carried a 4.0 GPA in electrical engineering. He also owned his own small but growing car audio business.

He had no intention of following his classmates into the corporate world to get a “piece of the pie”; analogously speaking, he was going to build his own oven and bake as many pies as his heart desired. The only thing that stood in his way was the decision to get behind the wheel when he was in no condition to do so.

Today, I celebrate the person who Charlie was going to become and pray that someone who reads this will help someone else by preventing a decision like the one that took Charlie from us 10 years ago today. Charlie, I miss you and I will always cherish my memories of our friendship. God Bless.

Founder/CEO Car Audio Tournament of Champions™ (CATOC™)

www.catoc-cca.com“If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.” – Stephen Wright

drink drive pay the price, were all guilty but we got away at a time or another. sorry for your loss man

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived