DC Sound Lab

DC lvl4 with XL coil upgrade powering?

Why the Hello does everyone think running at .5ohm is ok for everyone to do???? For the price of a proper electrical upgrade for a 1k or 2k amp to run @ .5ohm, you could get a bigger amp run safely @ 1 or 2ohm.

i dont see a problem saying that crescendo says that there amps are 0.5ohm stable. an i will have decent electrical for it. an if i can buy that amp for around 360. an get 2500 watts or more of clean power. why wouldnt i?

being stable at .5 is cool, but you're going to need about 2-4 runs of 0 gauge, upgraded under the hood, 2 in the back + a aftermarket alt so you don't drop below 13v with it at .5

compared to 1ohm you'll get 2k clean, stock alt (depending on stock size), big 3, upgraded up front, and 0 gauge to the amp

Edited by 97Jetta1637

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Why the Hello does everyone think running at .5ohm is ok for everyone to do???? For the price of a proper electrical upgrade for a 1k or 2k amp to run @ .5ohm, you could get a bigger amp run safely @ 1 or 2ohm.

i dont see a problem saying that crescendo says that there amps are 0.5ohm stable. an i will have decent electrical for it. an if i can buy that amp for around 360. an get 2500 watts or more of clean power. why wouldnt i?

being stable at .5 is cool, but you're going to need about 2-4 runs of 0 gauge, upgraded under the hood, 2 in the back + a aftermarket alt so you don't drop below 13v with it at .5

compared to 1ohm you'll get 2k clean, stock alt (depending on stock size), big 3, upgraded up front, and 0 gauge to the amp

what i will have for my electrical for a while, would be a 320 amp alt. 3 yellowtops or yellowtop an xs d3100. dual inputs on amp. an my big 3 is done on 0g. an i will be using 0 gauge welding cable for batteries an amps.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

so instead of running at 1 ohm and spending a considerable amount less, you're going to buy a yellowtop x3 , or a yellowtop then a 3100 which is 559.99 a piece. only for gaining about 500 watts? whatever, your money not mine. do as you please

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

so instead of running at 1 ohm and spending a considerable amount less, you're going to buy a yellowtop x3 , or a yellowtop then a 3100 which is 559.99 a piece. only for gaining about 500 watts? whatever, your money not mine. do as you please

i can get a 3100 for 370 each. but i meant d3400 which i can get for 250 each. an i cant run my sub @ 1ohm. its a dual 1. there is no way that i know i can do that. ii only have a choice of 0.5 or 2ohm as far as i know.

My build

98 s10 2.2

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

A few Deka g31 batts.

an i dont know any amp out there i can get in that price range of a BC2000 that will do that power @2ohm

My build

98 s10 2.2

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

A few Deka g31 batts.

i can get a 3100 for 370 each. but i meant d3400 which i can get for 250 each. an i cant run my sub @ 1ohm. its a dual 1. there is no way that i know i can do that. ii only have a choice of 0.5 or 2ohm as far as i know.

as i said before. recone. they're like $60 or something shit idk. but <100 is better then >300 with that difference alone you can buy the wiring you need, some liqour, and a prostitute

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

as i said before. recone. they're like $60 or something shit idk. but <100 is better then >300 with that difference alone you can buy the wiring you need, some liqour, and a prostitute

well i might look into getting a recone for it then.

My build

98 s10 2.2

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

A few Deka g31 batts.

Single run of 1/0 cca 4 small xs power batts and stock alt...... i ran a aq2200d half ohm no problem even after a hour or so it got piss warm to the touch....

Is it worth the risk to run that low.....nope

But i did and voltage at idle stayed above 13v

I would advise not to do it for the minimal gain/risk factor

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies