Second Skin Audio

Baffle placement help please!

IKnowImLost224

There is much more than 4" between port and sub so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the output just doesn't seem there. As far as the prefab tuning I have no idea cause it came with a type r I used to have but I know it was tuned higher. I tried tuning mine lower to get the lower notes lol

tuning for the lower notes will and can sometimes hurt output. when you tune higher your spl can go up until it reaches the best tuning for that setup in that car. lowering the tuning can and will lower your spl score. tuned to and you could make a huge difference in the output.

my suggestions

shorten the port to raise tuning

try a slightly smaller and bigger box

tray a round port rather then a slot port

make sure the box is airtight

turn the box to face a different direction if you can

check all wiring

make sure you amp is seeing the right ohm load

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I may have to try again with higher tuning then cause that prefab box Pounds compared to mine on the higher notes but does nothing for the lower ones. Is there a way to get the lower notes and it actually sound good?

i just noticed this, from what i have recently been told the lower the port area is the better freq response you get and the higher the port area the more peaky the box is around tuning. that being said that box might be a little more peaky around tuning because of the amount of port area.

if your looking for more of a well rounded output from it try tuning around 35hz with about 12-14" of port per cuft. building a box for any sub in any setup is a lot of trail and error. could always do a box with a round port so that you can change out the port to change the tuning so that you can find what sounds best to you then if you want build a slot ported box and tune it to what you found to be best in you testing with a round port.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived