Second Skin Audio

Soundstream Square Subs Now!

PaulO2288

I like the looks of square subs. But i have to agree wtih Chode. Im going to get bashed for that one beause polecats giong to come in here and say we dont know what we are talking about etc. Well let me save him the time lol. I like Kicker amps and thats basically it I wish their eq went from about 20hz to 1000hz on all amps. I have my opinion and im entitiled to it along with everyone else. I may try the soundstream sub one day get 2 12"s and see how they sound and do

I also find the lower end kicker products to be more reliable, sound better, than the CVX, L7, and the Solo X.

I'm a relative n00b when it comes to car stereo. I just started getting into it this summer so my experiences with different systems are limited. I can really only compare what mine sounds like to other systems. I have heard some l5s and lower end subs. But I really haven't heard another big system in person. A lot of people want me to switch to memphis or fi but I think Kicker will stick with me for a while.

hey im not trying to sway you away from kicker. i was just stating my opinion and im glad your sticking to what you enjoy. stand up for your shit nah sayin. i stand up for my shit when people say they hate the sound of metallic cones. i usually give a lil demo and their mind is altered.

if i had the dough to switch i would go to some DD 9515s. i love my RF but i know theres MUCH better out there

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Im going to get bashed for that one beause polecats giong to come in here and say we dont know what we are talking about etc. Well let me save him the time lol. I like Kicker amps and thats basically it I wish their eq went from about 20hz to 1000hz on all amps. I have my opinion and im entitiled to it along with everyone else. I may try the soundstream sub one day get 2 12"s and see how they sound and do

no, I just bash your install questions on ROE, because you use WAY over sized boxes, huge ports, then blame the sound on the woofer.

20hz to 1000hz????? what the.............. :blink:

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

i was waiting for that myself.

but the case with that is thats extreme fabricating and deadening and dampening and crossing over and shit. the averae joe puts them in a box and lets them run and every set of kicker ive heard sound like cheap plastic.

well, isn't a SQ based system, just that? imaging, deading, EQ,etc? We are NOT talking customers installing under a palm tree with a table saw and Elmers glue..........

But winning SQ, is on EXPERT level, so from street SQ awards, through, we can say they CAN be setup for SQ. People base decisions solely on the few <possible crappy> installs and consider that as gospel from then on. Sit and list to a SQ setup, I would bet it would change your mind. If no, eh, your welcome to your opinion.

im just going by what ive heard so far. ive seen people take subs just throw them in a car and it sounds good, ive seen kicker subs thrown in a car and sound liek shit. ive heard one set up that was lookin good and sounded great. one that looked great and sounded like shit. many systems that were thrown in and sounded like shit.

so many variables to really determine but from what ive heard kicker never impressed me on a SQ level, SPL yea ill hand it to you guys...pretty damn loud. but again i like SQL...loud and sounding good doing so

now me having 4 15s in a blowthrough my truck shakes to hell (yes i need to sound deaden it) its not soo much SQ as it is just brutally low bass but i still get A LOT of compliments on how im loud and it still sounds good

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Chode, please explain the "plastic" sound... I've used some SHIT subs and heard kickers myself, but how the hell does 20-80hz sound like plastic...

You guys ever hear the expression 80% install 20% equipment?

its like a "ticking" sound

and yea ive heard that expression. a lot of kicker has a ticking or popping sound. i like the bass thats smooth and "rolls" off

example with my set up i listen to get low its a boom wiggle wggle wiggle (thats the bass sound haha)

with like say some CVX or L5s or ive heard a lot of sony xplods or kenwood "typhoon" subs they go pop wiggle wiggle wiggle

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

then I have a couple systems you may want to listen too :)

but still, we NEVER, EVER hear anyone blame voltage, enclosure, install,etc............it's ALWAYS woofer or amp.

in my 20 years here, today is the first 'plastic' sound comment I have ever heard.....

Archived