DC Sound Lab

Questions for DC....and anyone else.

Tried this yesterday, got no replies. But, I am going to be doing a blow through in a 1976 Datsun ( badass, i know.) The amp i am going to be using is the DC 3.5k, Here comes the question now, What is the biggest bang for my buck that i can get? I only want to spend at most $600ish for the sub (yes i know that your prices are 'hidden' and they vary salesman to salesman. Would like any input from you guys and any other people who have more knowledge than me. eeerm, some misc. info incase anyone cares, Box will be tuned to either 28 or 29, will have 2 XS batts, a bigger alt, 0gauge all around. So ya. please and thank you for the help

2 lvl4 15" would be pretty awesome. an i think would do good on that 3.5k. but personally i dont know the price of a lvl5 15" would be the way to go. might be worth saving a little bit more up.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

2 lvl4 15" would be pretty awesome. an i think would do good on that 3.5k. but personally i dont know the price of a lvl5 15" would be the way to go. might be worth saving a little bit more up.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110130141438AAB8Frt now obviously prices vary, but its a good base line. and i agree with the 15's, but thats a little bit more than i was planning on spending, would 2 lvl4s do better than a XL 18 ya think?

http://www.sonicelec...X-Open-Box.html those guy´s can take the power and stay with ease in your limit.

Thanks for the link, but i would really like the subs to be DC. Probably should have mentioned that ://

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155498-smd-authorized-dc-audio-price-request-thread/#entry2230526

Just ask them for a quote

I also have a 3.5k and have been thinking of of doing 2 level 4 tens with upgraded soft part or 4 level 3 tens

I don't have a lot of space that's why I want to go with 10s

How much space do you have?

http://www.stevemead...d/#entry2230526

I also have a 3.5k and have been thinking of of doing 2 level 4 tens with upgraded soft part or 4 level 3 tens

The biggest sub i could fit would be a 15 with the sub facing horizontally, if that makes sense. and i have the entire bed as play. which (without measuring it) by guesstament is about 5 1/2 feet wide and about 6 feet long

The biggest sub i could fit would be a 15 with the sub facing horizontally, if that makes sense. and i have the entire bed as play. which (without measuring it) by guesstament is about 5 1/2 feet wide and about 6 feet long

if thats the case do 1 lvl5 15 that would be my choice an probably the best choice. an i imagine that the lvl5 15 is somewhere around 650-700 (i could be way off). i kno its more then u were planning to spend, but it might be worth waiting just a little bit to get a bad ass sub. but hit CJ18 up on the site an ask for a price quote on the subs you are wondering about.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

if thats the case do 1 lvl5 15 that would be my choice an probably the best choice. an i imagine that the lvl5 15 is somewhere around 650-700 (i could be way off). i kno its more then u were planning to spend, but it might be worth waiting just a little bit to get a bad ass sub. but hit CJ18 up on the site an ask for a price quote on the subs you are wondering about.

wouldnt 2 lvl4 12's out do 1 lvl5 15?