DC Sound Lab

Questions for DC....and anyone else.

I understand with that said have you taken into consideration the baffle height it could about 1-2 inches to your total height would be from 16-17 inches

Cause I've seen those trucks and if I remember them correct their bed is not very high/deep

So what are ya sayin? i should go with 12s?

2 lvl4 15" would be pretty awesome. an i think would do good on that 3.5k. but personally i dont know the price of a lvl5 15" would be the way to go. might be worth saving a little bit more up.

http://answers.yahoo...30141438AAB8Frt now obviously prices vary, but its a good base line. and i agree with the 15's, but thats a little bit more than i was planning on spending, would 2 lvl4s do better than a XL 18 ya think?

http://www.sonicelec...X-Open-Box.html those guy´s can take the power and stay with ease in your limit.

Thanks for the link, but i would really like the subs to be DC. Probably should have mentioned that ://

2 lvl4 15" would be pretty awesome. an i think would do good on that 3.5k. but personally i dont know the price of a lvl5 15" would be the way to go. might be worth saving a little bit more up.

http://answers.yahoo...30141438AAB8Frt now obviously prices vary, but its a good base line. and i agree with the 15's, but thats a little bit more than i was planning on spending, would 2 lvl4s do better than a XL 18 ya think?

http://www.sonicelec...X-Open-Box.html those guy´s can take the power and stay with ease in your limit.

Thanks for the link, but i would really like the subs to be DC. Probably should have mentioned that ://

KK, in mind your budget i and your K-watt´s, i guess you a single lvl 5, or some lvl 4 or 4 XL out of the want to sale section.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Budget *MAX* would be about 1600 for sub/amp and misc. wires. And i was also thinking 2 because like you stated, more cone area, and peak power for the lvl4s is 2800. and for 2 thats 5600, and running 1750 to each when RMS they are 1400, they will eat that up and love every second of it

you will gain more cone area with the 12's an they are ratted @1400rms each so total of 2800rms. personally i would feed them all of the 3.5k with no problem. but some people dont like or dont want to over power the subs. but the lvl5 15 is rated @3500rms

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

I understand with that said have you taken into consideration the baffle height it could about 1-2 inches to your total height would be from 16-17 inches

Cause I've seen those trucks and if I remember them correct their bed is not very high/deep

I know you said you haven't measuered and that you could fit a 15 but what if you get a 15 and it don't fit. Basically what I'm saying is measure

so the 12's might get louder an will have more cone area. but the lvl5 will take that 3.5k with ease. personally i like the wow factor of getting loud with a single sub. my 1 15 was only 1.0db less then 2 18's. so it just comes down to what YOU really WANT. so it really just depends on your install that you do. but like i said i personally would go with 1 lvl5 15.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

you will gain more cone area with the 12's an they are ratted @1400rms each so total of 2800rms. personally i would feed them all of the 3.5k with no problem. but some people dont like or dont want to over power the subs. but the lvl5 15 is rated @3500rms

I also thought they were rated at 3500 but their not

http://dcsoundlab.com/level5.html

Was looking at the 12 not the 15 fail

Edited by Noelito

I know you said you haven't measuered and that you could fit a 15 but what if you get a 15 and it don't fit. Basically what I'm saying is measure

12s would fit with ease. 15 would be pushing it