Second Skin Audio

Should I go with an FI 18 or 2 12's?

disprovable

Well, I am still new to car audio, and have asked a few questions so far to get a general idea, but would it be better to run an FI BL 18 or 2 FI SSD 12's? Also, what kind of electrical would each need to run efficiently?

Here is what i have to work with trunk wise. I know it's not measurements or anything, but if this is anything of help:

YRkz7K.png

I'll try and put in my .02 before this gets locked. 1 18 is more cone area than 2 12's. We can't know for sure what will be louder though. the 12's could afterall be louder than the 18.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

What about the electrical required for each?

BL is 1500. 2 ssd's is 2000. if you plan to power either to their fullest extent, you would absolutely need to do the big 3 (outlined in the electrical section of the forum), and you would need to get a group 31 agm style battery (like an xs power, for example) for the trunk. a volt gauge is a must.

i'd probably get an audioque 2200d or crescendo bc2000 for either setup. but you seriously have to watch the voltage on a stock alternator. upgrading the under hood battery with an appropriately sized agm battery will help out as well, but it may not be needed.

Archived