Sonic Electronix

I've had a sundown audio sa12 dvc 4 ohm for about 2 weeks and I've had it on a hifonics hfi 1500 running at 1000 watts at 2 ohms. And its been fine the whole time. I built a new box for the sub, hooked everything up and it sounded amazing for about 2 minutes then all of a sudden I hear this horrible rattling/popping noise. So i took the sub out and played it free air and its popping and rattling and sounds like crap. I pop tested with a 9v and it was fine, no scraping when i push on the cone, I tested both vc with a DMM and they read fine. Is my sub blown or is something else the problem?

i had th same thing in a amp of mine it ended up being a bad ground in my head unit that sent it to the amp making the noise weird but a new ground fixed it

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

No I haven't checked them. What could be wrong with them? I'll ad some pics later i gotta leave for work in a few minutes lol

Well I had this problem one time where the tip of my RCA was broken off at the input of the amp and it took me forever to figure out why my sub sounded like shit, maybe something like that happened. It sounds like you need to go through and carefully check everything.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Archived