You wont believe this

Just got an email today saying that I am a semi-finalist in a contest with Chyrsler and John Varvatos. Now on to phase 2 of the contest. I'm not 100% sure what I have to do now, I'm still going over the information. I really don't expect to go much further or even win the grand prize. Just thought I would share cause I honestly did not think I would even make it this far.

Edit: I put this under Photoshop Gurus cause I had to use Photoshop to enter the contest.

pics of said pic that got you into finals?

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

I had to come up with some graphic design. I honestly don't remember what I did. The contest is sponsored by John Varvatos and Chryrsler. I think the next phase is to come up with a logo that can be used on a shirt or bag. I was also given a bunch of stock photos to use for something. LIke I said before I'm still trying to figure out what I have to do next. If I remember the pic I used I'll post it.

I think this is the one I used, again not 100 % sure....

spooky.jpg

So you actually created all those trees ? if so i know that can take hours/days... but seeing the white brush style i doubt you did. so hope you got permission of the original photo/art of the trees. cuss entering a contest claiming its yours can be sued for alot....

other than that congrats...

no i didn't create those trees, it was part of a manipulation pack. the person who came up with all those did say that it could be used for whatever we saw fit. I just took the images and blended them together to get that effect.

Edit: I do wish I had the patience to do all those trees from scratch. This next part will be 100% from me. Since this my fist time ever doing something like this, I'm a bit scared and so forth. If I do move on, I'll probably die of shock.

no i didn't create those trees, it was part of a manipultion pack. the person who came up with all those did say that it could be used for whatever we saw fit. I just took the imiages and blended them together to get that effect.

oh alright, its a nice manip bro, i just like giving credit to stock/originals and posting the originals to see what exactly was done get me. or else imma assume you did it all and thats some pro shit lol

i do want to say that there is random green color still left in the middle of your tree

orig? so ppl can see your manip.

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles13/1677669/projects/5416817/6b065bdc76b959a6f16177cbe80be2e8.jpg

congrats ! so whats going on with the next contest !? whata winning prize ?

no i didn't create those trees, it was part of a manipultion pack. the person who came up with all those did say that it could be used for whatever we saw fit. I just took the imiages and blended them together to get that effect.

oh alright, its a nice manip bro, i just like giving credit to stock/originals and posting the originals to see what exactly was done get me. or else imma assume you did it all and thats some pro shit lol

i do want to say that there is random green color still left in the middle of your tree

orig? so ppl can see your manip.

http://behance.vo.ll...7cbe80be2e8.jpg

congrats ! so whats going on with the next contest !? whata winning prize ?

I'll have to find the originals that I used, that was a different version of the one I submitted. I'm still trying to figure out what's next. I think I have to come up with a logo or something. Never done that before, so that could get interesting. I do agree that giving credit where credit is due is a good idea. The grand prize is a trip for two to Los Angeles, CA, to attend the Stewart House Benefit. Not my kind of prize, but there is also 5 grand included. As a semi-finalist also got $1,000, just gotta fill out some papers and all this legal mumbo jumbo.

Archived