Just a warning..if this starts turning into a cop chasing thread...due to the post above, I will shut this thread down. Yes, the governer can be turned off, but there is no legal reason go above 112, let along the top speed limit of the state (typically 75) on any city street.

it was a joke.. i've known northsydryd for many many many years.. he is moving out of wisconsin to move back to cali and live with me...

this isnt going to be a cop chasin thread so dont worry about it.. :) people joke around :)

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

have a custom intake made, put a demon 650 carb on it and let it rip... :lol:

good idea not the 1st person to tell me that either but im not planning on spending that much money on makin it faster in 1 shot intake and exhaust and mabe a programmer gonna hunt down a 373 gear set for the ass head put some better tires under it and let it rip down the 1/4 mile shootin for a pinks episode so il most likly be puttin more into it then that but i wanna try to keep the fuel injection

the hell with a turbo give me a bottle

ahh the hell with efi, more elec parts to trouble shoot, with carb you have a few things to check with it wont start after doin 120+ < is the fuel pump turning on, is there gas in the tank, got spark, when you press the primary does gas squrit out..... alot eaiser to test than efi lol... but yea it would require alot of work to make it all mesh properly together

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

ahh the hell with efi, more elec parts to trouble shoot, with carb you have a few things to check with it wont start after doin 120+ < is the fuel pump turning on, is there gas in the tank, got spark, when you press the primary does gas squrit out..... alot eaiser to test than efi lol... but yea it would require alot of work to make it all mesh properly together

EFI = more miles per gallon :0 he is gettin ready to drive it from wisconsin to cali.. i think he wants to try to keep it pretty stock for the move :0 we can always put it our garage for a minute to do some CUSTOM shit :)

lol thats contradicting to his orignal post lol... if he wants to go faster than 112 i dont belive that MPG is at the top of his list, anything over 60 will drink gas even with efi

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

lol thats contradicting to his orignal post lol... if he wants to go faster than 112 i dont belive that MPG is at the top of his list, anything over 60 will drink gas even with efi

well.. whatever he wants to do... he will have the money for gas either way :)

well.. whatever he wants to do... he will have the money for gas either way :)

once i get back to cali i wont realy be to worried about mileage but i dont want to mess around with a carb and intake and all that crap either i dont want to dig that far into the car i just want that damn governor gone for now i was hoping i could cut a wire and be done with it but it doesnt look liek anyone will/can help me with that

i was told awhile ago that u can easily disconnect the governor on an eclipse or talon and i was hoping it was as easy with the cougar

the hell with a turbo give me a bottle

once i get back to cali i wont realy be to worried about mileage but i dont want to mess around with a carb and intake and all that crap either i dont want to dig that far into the car i just want that damn governor gone for now i was hoping i could cut a wire and be done with it but it doesnt look liek anyone will/can help me with that

i was told awhile ago that u can easily disconnect the governor on an eclipse or talon and i was hoping it was as easy with the cougar

you need to get a tuner.. tune that shit, you might be able to over ride the ecu and get that gov. taken off.. anyway.. call my cell phone... i know it is 1:30a your time.. but i know you are still awake.. :) that or send me a pm on here, and i will call you.. :)

Even adding a tuner will not override the ECU, in which is where the governer is located. It's part of the programming. Tuners can clip voltages, but that's it..

northsydryd - as stated above

Good luck trying to find anyone to tell you. most people wont because of liability issues.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD