Sonic Electronix

Need help about an upgrade!

So I was thinking of replacing my 2 8 year old 12 inch audiobahn high excursions with 2 Audioque street duty 2.0's. I just want to get new subs without replacing my amp and box. Has anyone heard these subs? Would I get any increase in quality of sound by doing this?

what kind of amp?

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Amp? Box?

The box will be the biggest determining factor.

• 4 weeks later...

So i bought them and they sound great. I know I know custom box needed and will do in the future. BANGIN ON A BUDGET!!!!! I will shoot some video once broken in since in all of YOUTUBE there is only one video the AUDIOQUE STREET DUTY 2.0. Here is a pic of my trunk in my 2011 Scion XB. No rude comments please! I'm fully aware for how ghetto it is and not acting like I'm Bass Ballin.

IMAG0069.jpg

Looks fine by me, clean. Seen lots of setups with spaghetti wiring, yours is simple and clean. You may not need to do a custom box. You can measure yours, get the internal volume of each chamber, and then the port dimensions, and compare this data with the required specs of the AQ's. You may already be in the ballpark....

Archived