Second Skin Audio

fi q 15 questions

Jbiddle530

so i have decided im kinda getting tired of spl and wanna give a semi sq sysem a try. i wanna get a fi q 15 and put it in a 3 cube sealed box.. my only problem is i have never been a fan of the low frequency responce you get out of sealed boxes.. because i love those low lows i had two type r 10s on a fosgate 1500. turned way down of course. tuned to 32 hz and i loved the low bass reproduction that had.. my question now is will the high qts fi q 15 produce lows any where close to that.. i wanna get that sub for sure but i may get it without the high qts option and put it in a ported box tuned to 30hz but thats really pushing my cars size limit thats why i wanna try a sealed box.. so what do you guys say will it hit those lows like i want???

If you were dead set on a sealed box, the FI Q with the High QTS option, or any of the TC Sounds woofers would be among my top recommendations. But if all you wanted was the fit an FI Q in your car, and the reason you want to go sealed is because you can't fit the ported enclosure, I would recommend the Fi Q 12" in a ported enclosure instead.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

You'll have a bit more output with the twelve ported. And you'll get a bit more low end if you tune low. But if you like the sound of sealed, than I'd go with the Q15 sealed.

The Q12 in a ported enclosure will be more than "just loud". It'll sound great. And definitely go low, and if you stick to box recommendations it'll have a pretty flat response.

The only reason why I would recommend the Q15 sealed is if you specifically like the sound of sealed. The 15 sealed will have a lower output, and it will have a gradual slope the lower you go. It will go low, but not with as much "Authority" and the 12 ported.

If you haven't heard a sealed setup, I'd recommend the 12. If you wanted to try something different, than maybe go with the 15. This choice is up to you.

if any one was vids or pix of a high qts fi q 15 id love to see

so how about this what about makeing a 3.2 cube sealed box for the high qts 15... if i didnt like i could throw in two 4" aero ports and tune the to the right length for the 3 cubes net it would have.. could i use the high qts 15 in a ported enclosure... thanks for all your guys inputs

Archived