Second battery, hookup OK?

I would make sure to do the Big 3 in 1/0 and run 1/0 for your power and grounds. You will probably not need another battery after that if you're truly running 750w unclipped and your alternator isn't rated below 80 amps. For cheap AGMs I like the "Mega Crank" batteries which are rebranded Dekas (made by East Penn Mfg. great batteries). They make a 750 CCA starting battery and a "Mega Crank HD" group 31 that makes an awesome secondary.

I have a 130 alt, and 4 gauge charging system upgrade kit.

What does that consist of? I went from a 4g alt to battery cable, engine block to frame cable, engine block to battery cable, and battery to frame cable to a 2/0 alt to battery cable, 2/0 alt casing to battery cable and 2/0 battery to frame cable and killed my dimming with a shitty autocraft battery and 100a stock alternator running 1000w RMS to my subs and ~240w to my mids/highs + accessories.

I bought it from Tony at CE auto Electric Supply. 4 gauge from alt/engine ground to the from frame and then to the battery, then from pos. alt, to battery pos. I followed the directs exactly that I got from Tony.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

I can also build you a 4 AWG add-a-battery kit . . . CLICK.

Of course, we can substitute the JL Battery Clamps for the military style for the rear battery. No problem at all my man. Hit me up if you want me to work up a price for you.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I can also build you a 4 AWG add-a-battery kit . . . CLICK.

Of course, we can substitute the JL Battery Clamps for the military style for the rear battery. No problem at all my man. Hit me up if you want me to work up a price for you.

Thanks Tony, sent you an email a little bit ago.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Archived