what do you guys think

Jbiddle530

so before i start my sq system i want some peoples imput on if you think it would be alright....

so to start out i would be using an alpine CDA-9887 head unit which i already have..

front stage i want to do

1 8" Dynavox LW8004PMR 8" Woofer for mid bass 1 in each door in factory 6 " location but slightly angled towards driver side seat headrest HPF 63hz 12db slope LPF 800hz 12db slope

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=295-610

2 dayton audio RS100-8 4" reference full-range driver 2 each door in custom build door panels 1 on each door panel angled towards driver side seat head rest and the other one in each door panel will be angled towards passenger side head rest..

HPF 800hz 12 db slope LPF 6300 hz 18db slope

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=295-352

Vifa bc25sc06-04 1" textile dome tweeter.. 1 will be mounted in each door panel and then i will have one in the bottom of each a piller as an upstage tweeter... HPF 6300 hz 18db slope

sub stage

heres is somewhere that im not really sure on yet i want some advice here

should i do a FI Q high qts 15 inch sub in a 3.2 cube sealed fiberglass enclosure

or should i do a FI Q 12 inch sub in a 2.25 cube enclosure tuned low with a 4" aero port

i also am not sure what i am gonna use for amps yet because i cant afford to buy audison or hertz or anything like that i think my max price is like 300 per amp..

and also wanna use the pxa-h800 alpine imprint fully active sound processo

• 2 months later...

Hey, sounds pretty, nice. I dont know anything about the front stage speakers but there specs look good. i was looking at those 8" but wanted something that could handle 240 watts. I hate it when people look at the topic but dont answer. I hope it goes well and take pics. What type of vehicle is your set up going in?

I dont know about the others but i run the Daytons and am very happy.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

What do I think? I think I like vagina....lol Most of it looks pretty good. I would recommend running the 8"s a bit lower maybe 50hz. and maybe the tweets a bit lower as well, maybe 3k. Also I see that you want to angle the 4"s. I would say run one set, and angle them, but the same to try and keep axis as close as you can. The will give you a different response on different axis. Alss, Just run one pair of tweets in the pillars. To many drivers can cause problems. And doing a three way active system is going to enough to tune, you don't want/need issues with phasing and cancellation. And if you are going to try and go more SQ than SPL, look int a transmission line enclosure. They have better control if done correctly. You will also be impressed with the output of it.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived