Cobalt Big3 with trunk battery?

I have a 07 Chevy Cobalt with the battery in the trunk. I got a new amp on the way and I'm gonna have to do a big3 upgrade. I am looking to find out the right way to do this and get the most out of it. Right now the alt + goes to a bolt on the under the hood fuse box. that bolt also has another wire that goes to the battery in the back. Should I leave those wires alone and run a new 1/0 from alt+ straight back to the battery? and should i put the fuse by the battery or the alt?

i'd do from alt to the junction box, then junction box to stock trunk battery.

fuse by the alt and by the battery, for added protection.

make sure all connections are tight, of course.

edit: for ground, you can probably just do battery - to frame.

If I take the battery to frame for the ground, do I still want to do the engine to frame with the 1/0? Also is battery to strut tower bolt just as good as frame? I have seen somewhere before that is a good ground cause it is tied to the frame. I don't know how true that is.

Hmmm . . . I need to develop a legitimate Cobalt Big 3 kit. Let me use your car as the guinea pig and I'll work you an excellent deal.

Visit my forum HERE at SMD to learn about me and what I do. PM me if you're interested. I'll build you a kit that will WORK.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Archived