Sonic Electronix

ok guys first of all this is the first time i have been on the forum and this may be in the wrong spot but I'm hoping to get a little help i have a 03 chevy 3500 hd and i am currently doing a system in it got everything in whole truck dyno matted, focal components in the doors and memphis digital amps. i also had two 12 inch memphis flats in a sealed box under the seat driving down the road and a song got real low and i didn't catch it in time and boom seized both of the flats up. my dilemma is i want loud but i want a back seat and those flats weren't loud and I'm not a big fan of sealed boxes i saw a youtube video of a guy that had four sundown sa8-v2 under the seat and was thinking about going that direction in a ported box whats your guys opinions I'm just kinda in a hard spot right now i know what i want but everywhere i go i get told it can't be done but this is just people around my little town

Look up twostrokekings build log. He did 2 sa-8's under his seat ported. Seems to sound pretty good. And they'll take 1200 rms (as the pair) easy. I don't think 4 of them ported is possible though. It's going to be a lot of fiber glassing to maximize space. Maybe 3 sa-8's ported on something that puts out 2000 watts.

the above video isn't of my truck it was just an idea that i saw but i didn't want it to sound like crap my entire truck is dyne matted so i should be fine there and how low is only two 8's gonna be i wouldn't think it would be very loud but i have never ran these kinda subs before so i don't know

Archived