Sonic Electronix

Is trading Laptop for 2 kicker 15'' cvr feasible?

those look nice, pretty much exactly what i was looking for, something around 500-600 rms =)

They are underated as well, but in my opinion, you really should stick with 2 15's sealed off from the trunk, 2 18's sounds like a pain in the ass to fit in a trunk, and you should give yourself room for the amps, and possible batteries. And if you're worried about numbers, there's a guy here, Oren, who has a 150+ setup with 2 Sundown Nightshade 15's on his 98' Maxima, so there's potential there for you as well in the future if you wanna do anything like that.

http://www.stevemead...pdates-1514-db/

def, the 18's would be a challenge but doable, id have to cut some of the metal plate behind the seats and build the box inside the trunk and all... im settling for 2 15's right now, and id be shopping online if i had the money, im jobless right now reason for me having to trade lol.

i just did a video of my current setup... the laptop im on makes it sound crappy somewhat but it showed me just how well i sealed my trunk off today... i raised the trunk and the music was blasting but with the trunk open u hear music not bass lol, its all going into the cabin. i cant wait to put 2 15's back there.

yeah im stuck on spl right now, i make all my builds SQ but i want the spl to be huge at the same time, its possible but cost more since i have to buy big bang subs then match it with components. hard to do on a super budget but i got it done pretty quick with all this im workin with right now lol

those look nice, pretty much exactly what i was looking for, something around 500-600 rms =)

They are underated as well, but in my opinion, you really should stick with 2 15's sealed off from the trunk, 2 18's sounds like a pain in the ass to fit in a trunk, and you should give yourself room for the amps, and possible batteries. And if you're worried about numbers, there's a guy here, Oren, who has a 150+ setup with 2 Sundown Nightshade 15's on his 98' Maxima, so there's potential there for you as well in the future if you wanna do anything like that.

http://www.stevemead...pdates-1514-db/

def, the 18's would be a challenge but doable, id have to cut some of the metal plate behind the seats and build the box inside the trunk and all... im settling for 2 15's right now, and id be shopping online if i had the money, im jobless right now reason for me having to trade lol.

i just did a video of my current setup... the laptop im on makes it sound crappy somewhat but it showed me just how well i sealed my trunk off today... i raised the trunk and the music was blasting but with the trunk open u hear music not bass lol, its all going into the cabin. i cant wait to put 2 15's back there.

yeah im stuck on spl right now, i make all my builds SQ but i want the spl to be huge at the same time, its possible but cost more since i have to buy big bang subs then match it with components. hard to do on a super budget but i got it done pretty quick with all this im workin with right now lol

If you can avoid cutting metal, which is a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing, then it would be a good idea to stick with 2 15's

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

What do you drive? I don't see you having room for 2 18s.

i drive a 97' maxima,

its doable...would have zero room though for anything in the trunk though... i have already taken the rear seats out before, checked it out and all.. i took the huge metal back rest support out or w/e it is... would have to trim up the sides to match the match back rest with the trunk space... then build the box inside the trunk. would have to probably fiberglass new spaces for the 6 1/2's and all though if i dont slant the box a little bit... but ima just stick to 2 15's for now, easier and lets me have a little trunk space left, im wanting (together) about 1600 RMS 2 15's. possibly ported if i can

i drive a 97' maxima,

its doable...would have zero room though for anything in the trunk though... i have already taken the rear seats out before, checked it out and all.. i took the huge metal back rest support out or w/e it is... would have to trim up the sides to match the match back rest with the trunk space... then build the box inside the trunk. would have to probably fiberglass new spaces for the 6 1/2's and all though if i dont slant the box a little bit... but ima just stick to 2 15's for now, easier and lets me have a little trunk space left, im wanting (together) about 1600 RMS 2 15's. possibly ported if i can

i drive a 97' maxima,

I say 2 15's ported, but if you don't know how to design a ported box, you can learn here, or pay a designer

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i drive a 97' maxima,

i drive a 97' maxima,

I say 2 15's ported, but if you don't know how to design a ported box, you can learn here, or pay a designer

i've designed a few ported boxes before, its always been fun designing them. the 2 12's i have now i designed he box for them dual port tuned to 32 hz each, 1 solid box 2 seperate chambers. kinda have to be precise doing that since one might be 40 hz and other be 30 hz i guess. i havent had my car metered yet but i would imagine it wouldnt be much considering they're only hfx12d4's 400 rms each dvc. they bang though

Archived