Second Skin Audio

Ok guys im selling my g6 that i put 60 sq ft of b stock damp pro in and now im back for more!! I used to use dy extreme and will never again!! How much do i need to do all of my hoe? Its an 03 im gonna strip it all and do it once and do it right! Got a whole pile of goodies waiting to go in it! Just waiting on a few more to arrive to get started

What is your goal?

SQ?

SPL?

Reduce road noise? Exhaust noise?

Improve the overall listening environment?

Budget (less important, but never the less helpful)?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

going for sq but im also going to be in the 150s i was doing a 148 out of my trunk and adding some extras in the tahoe! i used just the b stock in my car and had awesome sq in it. id like to use some lux liner also but will have to see on how much im spending on everythin else that im buying lol. will 4 boxes be enough do u think? i used 2 on my car and didnt touch the doors and the entire floor wasnt covered

If you want 100% coverage on all panels, you will need somewhere around 160+ sq. ft. of material. Personally I'm not a fan of 100% coverage unless you going for SPL and are using the product to form somewhat of a barrier.

Simply put, you can achieve better results by using a combination of products and techniques vs. throwing gobs of sound deadener at it.

Personally for SQ I would suggest going with a Shop Pack (with B-Stock that would be 90 sq. ft.) and use it strategically throughout the vehicle. You should be able to achieve 35% coverage, upwards of 50% coverage, per panel with that amount. And I would focus on making sure the doors and roof are treated closer to the 50% coverage.

Once that is done, cover the floor 100% with Luxury Liner Pro. Based on previous installs and recommendations, 72 sq. ft. of Luxury Liner Pro should be about right.

If you are worried that the thickness of Luxury Liner Pro may prevent you getting everything re-installed, you can use a combination of OverKill and Luxury Liner to create a thinner barrier. Install the OverKill on the floor first, then follow that up with the Luxury Liner. If you go this route, you would want 72 sq. ft. of both OverKill and Luxury Liner to get the floor treated.

That combination of products will give you amazing results in both SQ and SPL. You can also take it one step further and install some Luxury Liner or Luxury Liner Pro on the doors as well... it can be difficult, but again the results are just plain amazing.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

• 2 weeks later...

i just did my 01 tahoe and used almost 1 shop pack. this included all doors 100% coverage on the outside of the doors and 100 to 200% on the inside of the door, the rear panel area not so much but did most of it. and the back hatch i did like 2 to 3 layers of FULL coverage somtimes 4 on the inside probably waaayy too much but what the hell i dont want to have to do it again. for the roof i ended up doing some layers of 1/8" board and expanding foam so no deadener there. but yea still got like 10 sheets left out of a shop pack of damp pro. hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...