Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

I hope you were able to keep the dash so you can at least keep on working on it!!!

Quick question did you just use resin on the dash?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Just learning how to do it loll

I never messed with it. I didn't know resin could get hard on its own

That's what she said

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

It doesn't really. Well it does, but it uses material to get the solid state. It gets hard, but the strength comes from materials, and fiberglass. That's a better answer. LOL

Ok Honda parts have been ordered. Had to replace a couple parts, and I bought a replacement light kit for the face plate to get done. SHIT, it better be worth it. Damn thing was $25.00!! But I have to keep the old one so I can have lights and switches! DAMN IT, or I bet I could've made another one! Oh well! At least if I ever go back to stock I have a replacement!

Damn, is it time to go home and do some real work yet!?! 2 more hours! Lets go time! Get with the program, I've got people waiting on me!

Ok little update. Not much to post picture wise, I have a few but not the end results yet.

Got a pool of resin on the sides of the frame on back side. Actually think I mixed too much hardener in it, cause it go super super hot! I went out and checked it a bit ago, and one side cracked. WOW! Nothing else happened though. Everything else seems good.

So I turned it over and got the second coat on the outside! SO that's about it tonight. I may take a pic before I go to bed, but otherwise tomorrow maybe.

Things are probably not going to happen for a couple days now. Our daughter's 8th birthday is Saturday, and my wife is stressing out on all the stuff that needs to get done before then. So that's probably going to require me to step up and score some points on the home front! But we'll see if I can sneak away at any point or not.

Good night all!

Don't over rush it. By adding hardener the final product will get brittle and will crack easier. Especially on vibrating/moving parts this is a problem.

I've seen the blackbox radio idea before, but it sure is quite some work.

Good and very detailed writedown!

Nice to see you just have a go at it all.

BTW, I've used a Miele as workbench before: very handy as it's quite heavy and sturdy, just not as puposefull with some laudry in it & running :pardon:

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

Yeah I hear ya. This is still a learning process for me, so the only way I learn unfortunately is by experimenting with it. But it's all good, this can be fixed and move forward!

Here are some pics from last night. Not a whole lot to discuss, I filled in the sides by pouring resin in there (hence the resin cracking issue we discussed) and then applied another coat on the outside as well. Then cut off the excess cloth and cut out the center. It's ready to sand down and body fill the inside and prep for the face piece.

Outside coat one, pre coat two.

20121204_190214.jpg

20121204_190244.jpg

20121204_190232.jpg

Inside pre filling.

20121204_190254.jpg

20121204_190305.jpg

20121204_190638.jpg

Filled the inside, crack on the right side.

20121204_230525.jpg

20121204_230530.jpg

Can't really see the left side, it's too small and not enough or good enough light in the garage. The over head light i have is about to go out so it flickers alot. But we're only here for another few weeks so I'm going to see how long I can hold out.

20121204_230633.jpg

Second outer coat.

20121204_230654.jpg

20121204_230709.jpg

20121204_230713.jpg

20121204_230727.jpg

Then cut out the center.

20121204_230957.jpg

Looking down on the connector.

20121204_231006.jpg

So like I said, it's time to sand and body fill. Then we'll see where we're at next. Not sure how much, if anything, I'll get done tonight, or the next couple days. Stay tuned for more! Gonna get real exciting here soon!

I'm sure you have, but I'll ask anyway, you did test fit the tab after the resin process, right? Coming along quite smoothly sir ;-)

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived