Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Ok hang on guys, let's not get off here. This is a subjective topic, and it can go either way. Some folks have issues with them, some don't. I'm a fan because until now, I've never had issues with them. I mean look at my track record, this could very well be operator/installer error. May not even be the product. But I don't really care because it's coming out in the near upcoming weeks anyway.

Here let me change the subject.

N8 do you have any ideas on how to stretch fleece over metal and keep it in place while I resin and glass over it? I'm thinking about sealing off and I want to make a panel that goes behind the seat backs so it flows good, but I have nothing to attach to so I can glass it. Any ideas?

Hot glue gun might work or possibly super glue gel. I don't have a pneumatic stapler so that is what I use when building fiberglass boxes. The gorilla glue super glue gel sticks to about anything really fast and doesn't run when applied. The problem is you can glue your fingers together really easily.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Well I'll need to get it off there after it's glassed too. So it'll have to be hot glue I think. Or even spray glue on the edges, and then resin up to them on the first layer. Then cut the loose stuff off, and glass right to the edges. HMMMMMMM that might just work!!

Carefull if you use the spray adhesive as the only what of holding it down, you may run into lifting issues, because when the resin is activated I'm sure you well know that it gots hot and heat can cause alot of adhesives to release. I will say when it happened to me the fabric was stretched REALLY tight to get rid of the wrinkles.

You could make a foundation using masking tape(that is alot I know!) just do like 2 layers of sold resin thenstart laying chop mat and then lay a layer of fleece or how ever you what to layer/strengthen it.

Hope you found your solution, good luck buddy!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Hot glue works but it's not the best idea as it doesn't really bond well with resin. Sunflash would excel in this case

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My thought was just to use the spray adhesive pn the edges to hold it in place. Then resin up to the point where the adhesive was, but not over it. After the resin cured, I could then go over the adhesive area because the rest of it will be in place. So if the adhesive lets loose, it wont really matter because the rest of it will be solid.

I agree sunglass would probably work well here, but im not rich and I already have resin here. So ill stick with that route. Ill get started on something this weekend.

Ok I know it's been a while since I was on last, but It's been a crazy week. I've been training at work, and things have been crazy at home. SO I decided today to go out and seal everything off.

It's not pretty, but it's sealed.

1798922_835026923179782_695465225_o.jpg?

1795837_835026993179775_1043495493_o.jpg

It is noticeably louder for sure. I had about an inch to inch and a half of windshield flex before, and now I have about 2-3" of flex and the wipers jump off the window. It's pretty cool. Haven't taken it out yet and pushed it too hard yet. But when I did turn it up for a couple seconds next to the house, I noticed what sounded like the subs bottoming out. Now I'm not 100% sure that's what it was, but that's certainly what it sounded like. So I have to figure out if that's what it was or not. I'm a little concerned about it if that's the case. I think there's more in it, and I don't want to, can't afford to, risk blowing them.

So I'll do some testing when I can get away from home to a place more wide open.

Not much to report, but it's something.

That is all.

Archived