04murdalanche Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 i use a clarion eqs746 and just use the headphone jack to the aux input on the clarion I think I may end up going this route. To be clear, I can use this without a headunit, right? I would do aux input, but does the EQ you said have RCA out or what? I'm not sure where to go from there, to get to my amp. I don't currently have a speaker amp, so I also need regular front/rear speaker outputs, not just RCAs. edit- Looked it up, and it looks like it only has RCA outputs. I'll end up getting a speaker amp eventually, but I need something with speaker outputs for now. Yeah you need amps to run the eq. Get an amp, even if its a small, cheapo, it'll work
inm Posted December 2, 2012 Author Report Posted December 2, 2012 I might end up trying to find the smallest 4 channel I can, and stuffing it inside to dash, so I can use the existing wiring, instead of running all new wires and everything. On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
04murdalanche Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 I might end up trying to find the smallest 4 channel I can, and stuffing it inside to dash, so I can use the existing wiring, instead of running all new wires and everything. Just get a motorcycle amp off eBay, run 8 gauge to it, call it a day
Pasta Prime Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 I seen some of those Rockford mini amps for sales somewhere. Here or caco New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
inm Posted December 2, 2012 Author Report Posted December 2, 2012 Just to be sure, to accomplish this, this is all I would need, right? (Speaking strictly in hardware and wiring, not the build part) Nexus 7 Clarion EQS746 Speaker amp of some sort Nothing else? What kind of power does the EQS need, and does it need a remote/turn-on? If so, how do I accomplish that? On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
basshead7890 Posted December 3, 2012 Report Posted December 3, 2012 i tapped into the 12volt turn on/ignition/accessory wire(what ever you call it) that turns on the headunit and just used that for my turn on wire for my clarion and amps. you could use a relay too for the power and ground i just wired it to my distro blocks My Build Log 95 Honda Accord Nook HD+ tablet Team Ascendant Audio 18" 2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D Crescendo Audio C1100.4 2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500 Build log
inm Posted December 3, 2012 Author Report Posted December 3, 2012 So it has 12V, Ignition, and Ground like a headunit would? This is sounding a little too easy... lol, I guess the fiberglass work will be the majority of the project. On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
04murdalanche Posted December 3, 2012 Report Posted December 3, 2012 So it has 12V, Ignition, and Ground like a headunit would? This is sounding a little too easy... lol, I guess the fiberglass work will be the majority of the project. Just get the after market harness for your at as if you were wiring in a aftermarket radio, as wire the EQ to that, will give you a ground, power, and remote
c.director Posted December 3, 2012 Report Posted December 3, 2012 or bluetooth module (Im using the ISFM21 with minor kinks), Im running that into a clarion EQ to a fully amplified system, works well. Check out my build log to see it Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/caleb.arnold.9809 YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CustomAudioChannel?feature=watch
inm Posted December 3, 2012 Author Report Posted December 3, 2012 Is yours the Dakota? I was looking at it earlier, I may look into doing that as well. Do you have your Nexus hooked to power when its in your dash? If not, how's battery life? I'm hoping they release a POGO dock for it soon. If/when they do, I'm gonna rip one apart and put that in the dash, too, to keep it charged. On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.